Thread: Hosting

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hosting

Hey Everyone,
    I'm looking for a new hosting company, the last one I hosted went out of business and I've been using them for a few years, so now I'm on the market for a new hosting company.
    I saw a few out there such as hosting24.com, HostMonster.com, BlueHost.com, HostGator.com, MediaTemple.net.
    I did some research and found out that hosting24 ranks #1, and is the best hosting company to go with. is this true? has anyone used them? your thoughts on them.
    Which do you think is best or is there any others that you would suggest?
    I'm looking for something with CPanel,
    something cheap or under $20,
    around 2GB of space,
    good or excellent tech support etc...

any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Michael Wooten
  3. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

99% of the "Ranks" you find online are either based off of one persons opinion or the rank is paid for by the company, unless the ranking comes from an unbiased 3rd party company, and even then they only compare the biggest and largest. Alot of the time the reviews are from very simple people that use their hosting to host a 15mb blog with 3 visitors a day or something, so it trully doesn't give you a good review on true technical support and reliability.

Even on this forum there are the same old companies that will try to scramble any customer without even looking at the customers request, I can gurantee you after this post there will be 3-4 people that just post a link to a webhosting company and will say "they are great" without reading anything or trying to meet your requirements (even if your requirements are minimal)

Reason why I say this is not to discourage you in picking any of these companies, but before you pick one and give them their money, see if they will give you the time of day you want. Talk with them, see if they truly care about you as a customer or if you are just another sale on their books. I gurantee your hosting experience will be alot better and you will get taken care of.

So with that said, We at StealthyHosting would love to have you as a customer, our Basic Silver package should fit you nicely for $11.95.

Basic Silver $11.95
    • 2000Mb Diskspace
    • 80GB Bandwidth
    • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    • cPanel / Fantastico
    • Unlimited MySQL Databases

Our support is Ticket/Email based 24/7 and Phone 9-7 m-s. We would be glad to help you with any technical problems you have, including 3rd party software if we can help.

Feel free to PM me or email Sales at StealthyHosting.com if you have any questions for us.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ok, great! Thanks!
    so, how do you compare with other hosting companies such as hosting24, hawkhost, hostgator, ... ?
    Michael Wooten
  7. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Biggest difference is our servers are not oversold. Many of these companies offer "Unlimited" packages. Truth is a hard drive can only hold so much data... and when they put 1000 customers on a server with only a 1TB NAS, the math comes out to less than 1GB per customer truthfully...

When you pay for 2GB diskspace you can use all 2GB and comfortably know we will not suspend your account for "using too much resources"(Look in all the terms of service for "Unlimited" accounts, you will see a line saying they can suspend you for using too much resources at their discretion).

Our uptime is great, our support is fast and helpful, and we value our customers as a small business should.

Another thing you wont see in alot of hosting companies is that we are a real corporation in the USA. You can see our Corporation information here: http://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/search_detail.aspx?ubi=602920490

Also all of our packages come with a FREE .com, .net, .biz, .org, .info Domain name. However since you probably already have domain names, if you don't need another we will gladly give you 10% off instead of the domain name.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Mike,

I would suggest you pick up a few web hosts and to send them requests. This will allow you to test their response time and to find out how friendly is their customer support. When it comes to Shared Hosting I shall admit that it is not that hard to provide stable service... even if many companies fail to do this.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't think there is a such a ranking for the web hosts. I think you have referred some Top Ten review sites to get this information. That may not be reliable information as said already. From your list one which is having good reviews over all is hostgator. You can research more by finding reliable reviews. Best of luck.
  13. No Profile Picture

Company im with are called Vidahost, they are a uk based hosting company, but i believe that they have servers in the US too.

Fantastic support, should look at them as they are lightning fast for support.

Andy
  15. No Profile Picture

I can offer 100GB Diskspace/100GB Transfer for $15 a month.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by valuewebs
    I can offer 100GB Diskspace/100GB Transfer for $15 a month.
    this is oversold, the person is looking for none oversold,

to be ableto get 100gb hdd you have to pay for it,
    look for hosts that offer like 500mbs, or 1-2gbs
    normaly these wont be oversold,

many thanx
    mark
    devondata.com
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree totally with fcolor. Try contacting a company you are interested in doing business with and see what kind of response you get. Are they courteous? Are they knowledgable?

This will help you better judge a better hosting company than any ranking site out there.

Hope to hear from you.

Mark

http://www.energizedit.com
    A full service web company
    Hosting | Template Customization | Domain Names
  21. Contributing User

Justify the following carefully when you are going to choice a web hosting company for your website’s host. Some of the major aspects include:
    1. Pricing
    2. Proximity
    3. Facility features
    4. Business reputation
    5. Network expandability
  23. No Profile Picture

Just go for planetonline.net, i have found them good,thay have done great job for me.

Regards,
    Raicol
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello Mike, as per your requirements, I have a perfect cPanel Hosting plan for you. Webhosting UK is a well established web hosting service provider since 2001.

SUPREME Cpanel Hosting plan - £ 5.60 (ie. $6.82/Mo)
    Features :
    Web Space - 5GB
    Monthly Bandwidth - 50GB
    cPanel Control Panel
    Fantastico
    RVSitebuilder FREE
    Unlimited Domains / Sub-domains
    MySQL 5.0.81 / PhpMyAdmin
    Various Server Side Scripts
    Shared SSL / Dedicated SSL at extra cost
    24x7 customer support via Phone, Tickets and Live chat
    30 days money back guarantee