1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hosting in Canada

With Megaupload being shut down recently, it brings to light the Patriot Act and DMCA.

Has anyone thought about moving their servers to a hosting company in Canada where they will be "sheltered"?

I am considering this.
  3. Permanently Banned

I second 4goodhosting.com company.
    They have quite affordable hosting plans with high uptime and responsive and helpful support.
    Give them a try.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

We would not move out of the U.S. just because the Congress would be tightening the laws on copyright. It would not be serious. If any web hoisting company has customers who break the copyright laws, then it should probably migrate however.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  7. No Profile Picture

While Megaupload had servers in the U.S., it's not like that was a huge factor in its shutdown. That site just had the largest target on its back (something they seemed to relish in with most of its outlandish behavior). Kim Dotcom was arrested with help from the New Zealand police, and Hong Kong customs froze assets belonging to the company.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hosting in Canada is really getting more popular and I believe their server performance is really steady. I might seem a bit bias since YesUpHost is a Canadian dedicated hosting company, but it all depends on your own needs and requirements.
  11. No Profile Picture

so if you're looking for Hosting in Canada, why not try hostingincanada . com ? You can be hosted on CA or US servers. Shared hosting and VPS Hosting available

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo