1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hosting for emails only

Hello all,

I use a shared hosting service from one of the reputable web hosts. I have over 11K emails from subscribers to my website. For some reason, the host has disable the feature of sending to morethan 500 emails at a time or on a day unless I moved to a VPS or dedicated server. What I would like to know is:

1) If there is a host that would allow me to send emails (I'm looking for cheap, shared and anything that would get me to do the job without payng quite deeds)

2) If there is an application or sort that can work with my current host but send emails in batch or whatever. I used throtteling feature of phplist application but after 500 emails, the host stopped me.

Please guide me.

Thanks
  3. Contributing User

I believe you should order VPS. In shared hosting, you are not allowed to send mass email message. It will make instabillity to other users and it will become SPAM.
    ASPHostPortal.com
    Best in Windows and ASP.NET-based hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee|24/7/365 Technical Support
    "Do good things, and good things will come to you”
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by TerryMate
    Hello all,

I use a shared hosting service from one of the reputable web hosts. I have over 11K emails from subscribers to my website. For some reason, the host has disable the feature of sending to morethan 500 emails at a time or on a day unless I moved to a VPS or dedicated server. What I would like to know is:

1) If there is a host that would allow me to send emails (I'm looking for cheap, shared and anything that would get me to do the job without payng quite deeds)

2) If there is an application or sort that can work with my current host but send emails in batch or whatever. I used throtteling feature of phplist application but after 500 emails, the host stopped me.

Please guide me.

Thanks
    I had the same issue. I needed to send batch e-mails.

The most professional way you can do is:

a) Get a nice email sending software, like the one I got called Interspire Email Marketer, really good software that works online.

b) Get a VPS/Dedicated server OR simply buy some email packages from SMTP.com or similar providers.

Cheers.
  7. Contributing User

Generally all hosting provider have restrictions on sending mass emails on every package they offer starting from Shared onto Dedicated server. This is done in order to prevent their IP's from getting blacklisted. The best way to send mass emails within the limit set by a hosting provider is divide the mailing list into different parts and send each list/part after a specific time duration.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All shared hosting restrict the users from sending a limited number of emails at one go or there may be a limit for the day. Sending bulk emails to hundreds and thousands addresses blacklist the IP and the IP is treated as SPAM. It also utilize the CPU while sending the emails or using some sort of cronjob for that. CPU utilization is also limited in case of Shared hosting.

Even on VPS or Dedicated server you should first declare them that what the purpose of your hosting need. If you want your messages to deliver in the inbox you need to change the IP as frequently as possible since after a few weeks your IP will be blacklisted (even if it is dedicated server).
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Portal88
    I believe you should order VPS. In shared hosting, you are not allowed to send mass email message. It will make instabillity to other users and it will become SPAM.
    This is the best answer for your thread. No good host will allow more than 500 mails per day in shared.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo