1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs down Interland Nightmare

No email from any scripts for more than 28 Days and still not resolved.
    Technical Support? Forget about it they simply ignore you or put you on hold form more 20 minutes just to hear nothing
    Support tickets? they have to close it fast because it's probably monitored so they just close the ticket without solving the issue
    Site Downtime? how about this ugly "Sorry site not available" in face of your customers? for 2-3 times each week?
    Charges? 2 time invoices with unknown payments for 60$ and the other is 35$ nobody has figured why I paid them yet..

How interland thinks the customers can take more of this careless and Ignorance?
    Please Take my Advice don't put yourself in this nightmare..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Had similar problems with Interland...

1. Email scripts were working, then suddenly stopped. I called their tech support, and in what turned out to be an hour and a half long call, was bumped up to tier 3 and finally someone said they'd work on the mail server.

2. It worked for another few days, before going down again. So, I wrote them again asking they fix the mail server. Instead of fixing it, they said my account was deprovisioned and that I had to contact their billing department.

3. Called them up, they realized the account was never deprovisioned and set about fixing the mail server again.

4. Next day, the mail server still didn't work. Wrote them again. Got a response to my support ticket saying "your account was deprovisioned".

5. Wrote back saying they're idiots and that the account was not deprovisioned and that they had to fix the mail server.

6. They no longer said the account was deprovisioned. Fixed the mail server.

7. Next week, mail server was broken again.

8. Wrote them and they said they were installing a patch on the mail server to fix the problem.

9. 5 days later, the mail server still didn't work, so I called them. Turned out, their a records were pointing to the wrong places or something and the whole thing was their fault from day 1 (no surprise).

10. Mail server working... although I haven't checked it today.

On another instance, my boss and I had to call them up because our server was down. The first guy we talked to said their tech people were working on the server and would have it fixed asap. He ended up bumping us up to the next level of tech support. This guy said no one was working on the server. When we started asking him why one guy told us the server was being worked on and why he says it isn't being worked on, he just started making up random excuses. Eventually he just hung up on us.

Gonna change hosts soon...
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank God I am not the only one!

Thank God I am not the only one!
  7. No Profile Picture

Interland has 100,000 customers, try to understand the position they're in

Anyways, be smart and find smaller companies to do web hosting. Smallers companies have less customers mean that they have more time for customer support.

That's my Advice !

|
    |
    V
  9. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    Yeah, the position of spending the majority of their $ on marketing (I don't think a week goes by that I don't get some direct mail advert from them) and nothing into training their poor CS slobs who make minimum wage and don't know a web server from HTML from an IP address.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo