1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for the best deal for a personal website

Hello everyone.

I've been looking at a lot of offers for a website project. Basically, I want to host an online porfolio. I don't expect to get much traffic, apart from those companies I send my resume to. Therefore, I'm looking for something cheap, but a lot of those really cheap companies do seem pretty sketchy to me. (Almost signed up with webhostingpad, but after reading the reviews here, I decided not to.)

Being very inexperienced in this whole web hosting thing, I figured I'd ask for advice here, on where I can get the best deal. Thanks in advance for your help, and don't hesitate to point me to the right direction if I posted in the wrong forum by mistake.
  3. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

What kind of work do you do? You may be able to get a sponsorship from a reputable company in exhange for something or a "sponsored by company.com" link.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  5. No Profile Picture

Video game level design. I just finished school, so this is basically to show off my school projects and get a first job, not sure if this would qualify for a sponsorship.
  7. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Do you have your own domain?

Shoot me an email at Brian (at) StealthyHosting.com We may be able to help you
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Araashan
    Hello everyone.

I've been looking at a lot of offers for a website project. Basically, I want to host an online porfolio. I don't expect to get much traffic, apart from those companies I send my resume to. Therefore, I'm looking for something cheap, but a lot of those really cheap companies do seem pretty sketchy to me. (Almost signed up with webhostingpad, but after reading the reviews here, I decided not to.)

Being very inexperienced in this whole web hosting thing, I figured I'd ask for advice here, on where I can get the best deal. Thanks in advance for your help, and don't hesitate to point me to the right direction if I posted in the wrong forum by mistake.
    Sounds like you're creating a brochure type website and basically need to put your resume on. Have you considered Google Sites?
  11. Permanently Banned

At the OP, think you may start from such inexpensive companies like just199 or justhost.
    Their plans are perfect for the web masters who want to succeed in the IT industry and have no much money to spend.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you are looking for reliable host suitable for your needs, I can suggest you to check several companies which I consider to be reliable: Hostgator, 7host and also Centsi - these host can handle your needs... so, compare their rates and hosting solutions.
  15. No Profile Picture

Sorry for the late reply, I was pretty busy with finishing school. I decided to go with Stealthyhosting, and everything is great so far. Thanks again, brianbak.

Thanks everyone else for your tips too.
  17. No Profile Picture

Well if you havent already picked your web host, head over to relaxedhosting.net and we will take care of you.

We treat all of our customers, large and small, like gold.
  19. No Profile Picture

why don't you use a free hosting if your are not expecting much traffic?
  21. No Profile Picture

K fine . if you have selected the hosting provider then its k, but in future you want to change then just go for planetonline.net, they are providing excellent services at affordable prices, so you can easily afford this. I know, You will really like it.

Regards,
    Raicol
  23. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well, there isn't much to say. Your requirements are reasonable and any reliable and well-established Shared Hosting provider can meet them. Just make sure you have spoken to web host's support team before deciding on sign up. The best you can do is to contact a few hosting providers and to compare the responses you get from them!
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo