1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Managed Services, what are your expectations

The term Managed Services concerns me with the way it is tossed around in the industry and I am curious to see what other hosts refer to as managed services, how they implement them and also what the consumer expects to receive on a managed server.

In going over one websites description earlier today they had more than five pages devoted to managed services and in my opinion said nothing. In fact at one point they mentioned their backup power, which while I will agree with that it is very important, that is infrastructure and IMHO has nothing to do with backup services.

Anyway I am interested in your view and definition of what you expect to receive on a managed server.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Hi,
    Basically, its a definition everyone can explain in different directions. In my opinion, I think that this is an exclusive services coming, upon request, with a dedicated and concerning the faultless work of a machine, where the customer, do not have the need knowledge, do not have the time to manage it or just want someone to do that for him.

It should include, server administration, service monitoring, soft and hardware upgrade, if needed, 24/7 customer support, control panel access and upon request ssh too. So, this should be a very high end of customer support and administration with high level of dedicated server service.

Good Luck!
    A.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  5. No Profile Picture

It really depands per company.
  7. Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by Derek1
    It really depands per company.
    I agree and that is absolutelly correct.
    If you look at reackspece and on webcs.com
    Yes they are dedicated server provider, but with webcs the level of the management is really better and even the best I have ever experienced

Sample how that can depend on the web hosting company
  9. No Profile Picture
    Webhosting Troll

I agree and that is absolutelly correct.
    If you look at reackspece and on webcs.com
    Yes they are dedicated server provider, but with webcs the level of the management is really better and even the best I have ever experienced

Sample how that can depend on the web hosting company
    What is the URL for "reackspece"s website? Or do you mean rackspace?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo