Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question

The quality of "Managed Hosting" also needs to be checked. Just because the package says "Managed" is it really good?

How many managed hosting provide DDOS protection or do pro-active log analysis and block the threats? Do they provide consultation on best practices? How do you really know whether you are secure and getting value for your buck?
  3. No Profile Picture

I use every time Managed VPS .

Yes , more expensive but worth it.
  5. No Profile Picture

You have to pay more for a managed one, but if you don't want to deal with installing and upgrading software from the command line, then you can opt for the managed.

Go to your local library or bookstore and browse through the books on Linux. If you're scared off by the command line, or the thought of messing with Apache, MySQL, and PHP configuration files, then you probably want managed.
  7. Contributing User

Managed hosting are costlier as compared to Unmanaged hosting but if you are new to hosting industry or less Tech Savvy than you must choose Managed Hosting.

Regards,
    Calvin
    RepriseHosting
  9. No Profile Picture

With managed VPS hosting, youíre asserted quick and effective help from the administration team of your host who intends to resolve all your technical issues. Itís the host who manages all your necessary applications and system updates.

For unmanaged VPS hosting, the host takes responsibility of sheer physical server and its availability. This option suits perfect if you are technically knowledgeable and well acquainted with your preferred applications and operating systems
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ali ashraf
    When purchasing a VPS or Dedicated Server do you go for the Managed or Un-managed VPS or Dedicated Server?

Personally, I always pick managed as I find it is worth it. I`d rather spend a few extra dollars a month to have a fully managed service rather then have cheap un-managed hosting and when I need help not be able to ask due to it being un-managed hosting.
    In your case you would want a managed service, but you have to be careful of which provider you choose because a lot of the time providers will take their unmanaged VPS plans and slap $15 on top of them for a cPanel license and call their VPSs "managed", when really all they do is install cPanel for you.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo