1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am thinking of using netnation.com for hosting a medium sized ecommerce site and using the Miva Merchant.

Anyone used this host? Miva Merchant?

Horror stories - or success stories welcome!

Thanks in advance...

Donna F.
  3. No Profile Picture

I currently have one commercial site at NetNation - I share a physical machine with approx. 800 other websites (a very large number) - however, during peak holiday seasons and large traffic bursts due to some ads - it never faltered. So, performance is pretty good even though they have a very high number of shared users on each machine. As for MIVA - look at it closely - it is not really a 'shopping' application - it is merely a glorified order form - look at some of the free PHP shopping carts out there - but I dont know if NetNation supports PHP - a good bet for PHP support and good price/performance is www.iserver.com (now a verio company) - and if youre really serious - look at a dedicated machine - www.dn.net (also now owned by verio) - I have machines/sites at all of these locations.
  5. No Profile Picture

I have three hand-coded ecomm solutions with NetNation, and they've been really good with PHP4 and MySQL... Quick support response, let me recompile apache in my home directory, shell MySQL access, all Good Things. A pretty solid host, all told. I dont't know about Miva Merchant, but if I were you I'd axe an off-the-shelf solution and go for a custom storefront. With the amount of resources available here @ devshed and elsewhere, its not an unsurmountable task.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo