1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I've looked far and wide for an inexpensive NT host that offers php and mySQL. Don't need much bandwith, prolly less than 500mb a month, and 5-10mb of space more than enough too, so I'm not looking to pay $50-100 a month (these are the prices I've seen) for this type of hosting. Anybody out there with ideas?

I have dozen different websites so this could be an opportunity for much more business if someone can work me a deal
  3. No Profile Picture

David,

If you are looking for a web host that supports PHP and MySQL, then you should probably be looking at UNIX hosts. Although PHP and MySQL can run on NT, from what I understand they are much slower and not reliable.

We offer hosting accounts with PHP 4.0.1pl2 and MySQL 3.22.xx for $25.00 per month. If you need NT for any particular reason, please let me know why. We can support FrontPage Extensions even on UNIX, if that's what you need it for.

Thanks!

Aaron Greenspan
    President & CEO
    Think Computer Corporation

http://www.thinkcomputer.com
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi

Any reason you require NT?

We offer PHP/MySQL hosting from unser $5 per month.

We also give you root access to mysql! Giving you full control over your instance of MySQL (No shared with other customers like may hosts)

I know you requested NT hosting and sorry if this is a must
    Regards
    Darren http://www.php4hosting.com $ http://www.php4hosting.co.uk
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

TDAVID is like the most veteran mofo around, dont talk to him like he's dumb, clearly he knows what he wants.
  9. No Profile Picture

I am a fairly new comer too this forum so its a matter of asking what people want.

You would be surprised the amount of e-mails and questions that people ask me and from the sound of the mail they clearly know what they want but when you start to converse with them they are just repeating what they have been told and 9 times out of 10 its not what they want etc...

I did not mean to offend anyone, sorry and I was not implying he was dumb, just confirming the reasons for NT hosting (Which there are many).

Regards
    Darren
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I can ascertain you that we know exactly what we want We already have 3 UNIX hosts with php/mysql that we are very happy with so we don't really need help there ... but, as I mentioned in my original post if someone hooks us up we may give them some of our other business

What I'm looking for is rare, and I realize this already, as I've personally reviewed well over 100 hosts. Most of the hosts I've looked for I've found here:
    http://hosts.php.net/search.php3

Even for something rare, though, it is excessive to me to charge $100/month for the bandwith and storage usage I outlined above. I mean, for 500mb of traffic or less one can run it himself on a fractional T1 or DSL, and not even need to outsource it. This might be the way we have to go ...

Thank you to those that have responded and to anyone else that might have an answer for me heretofore In my tagline below at TD Scripts you'll find our contact info if you are a host that can meet my requirements.

------------------
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> TD Scripts
    <LI> Script School
    <LI>php-scripts
    </UL>
  13. No Profile Picture

I guess with NT hardware requirements and licensing etc... Hosts feel they have to charge more, who knows.

But you are right in that NT hosting is way over priced.

Good luck in your search

Darren

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo