October 27th, 2000, 07:17 AM
Join Date: Oct 2000
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0
We are providing web hosting services in germany, we started with nt4 iis servers and have now switched to linux / apache solution since we are providing not only for ourselves. Now my question is: Is there any tool to setup a hosts on a our machines in "one step" ? I've seen comanche and webmin but the don't focus on web hosting.
I think of :
- create an user account
- allow/disallow ftp and telnet login
- configure a virtualhost in apache with the proper home directory
- create a virtual mail domain (which software? sendmail, exim or postfix ?)
- create pop accounts, etc.
- limit the amount of mailboxes
- setup user quotas to limit webspace to x mb
- and so on...
I think you know what I'm searching for ...