1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Are online pharamcies illegal?

I was wondering how many other hosts out there host, or have requests to host on-line pharmacies.

I am aware that many countries require some proper regulation with Pharamacies, but what are the legal implications of this?

We have turned down a number of these pharmacy sites believing them to be illegal (at least in Hong Kong)... Is this the general consensus?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It dpeends completely on your location, the location of the physical pharmacy store/company, and the policies of the pharmacy. Some can be legal, but as you're aware most aren't.
  5. Contributing User

I see.
    Thanks for your reply.
  7. Contributing User

It depends upon the Laws of the Country where the Datacenter is located. If the Laws of that Country allow such content then the Hosting provider won't have any problems in providing you Hosting services for the same. You can contact any Hosting provider and ask him if he allows such content to be hosted on his servers.

Comments on this post

• Catacaustic agrees : Isn't that pretty much what I said.. 2 months ago?
  9. No Profile Picture

I agree, this depends on the laws of the country in which the hosting company is based. Apart from this, a few hosting companies themselves do not allow it, even if its legal in the country.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo