1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP Server w/ MySql wanted at good price

Hello,

This is my dilema, I currently have a web host that I thought was great, until my programming took me to a place that they do not support. They do have PHP and MYSQL, but they do not have all the PHP functions and support that I need (at the moment these include JPG image generation (they only support .png) and the FTP functions). I'm sure there will be more functionality I will want in the future as well.

So to pose myquestion, is there a server that supports a large number of the PHP functions (basically everything that is listed at: www.cabanaboyslife.com/testtest.php) in addition to whats mentioned above that offers 300 megs of space, 25 emails, blah blah for about $30 a month or less and good customer support?

And doesn't cost too much for domain transfers?

Thanks everyone in advance,

-Jon
  3. No Profile Picture

I have a site at www.liquidweb.com and have been very happy with the service, support, and features.

If you take a look at the phpinfo for my site, it looks like they've configured it for jpeg and ftp support. I think they meet all the other requirements you mentioned as well.

--Nathan
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks, they do have the FTP functionality, but not the JPEG support (they only have png). Does Liquid web's servers allow the mail function from it?

-Jon
  7. No Profile Picture

Jon wrote:
    > Thanks, they do have the FTP functionality, but not the JPEG
    > support (they only have png).

Yep, you're right. I should have checked first before opening
    my mouth. I put in a request to upgrade php to support the
    jpeg functions.

> Does Liquid web's servers allow the mail function from it?

Yes.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi

We offer the above see our PHPinfo page @ http://server6.carpediem-it.co.uk/phpinfo.php

We also have our PHP configured to allow use of imagecopyresizebicubic (See http://www.php.net/manual/en/functio...opyresized.php (Notes section)

This improves the JPEG quality when resizing images

http://www.php4hosting.com
    Regards
    Darren
    HTTP://WWW.PHP4HOSTING.COM ($) HTTP://WWW.PHP4HOSTING.CO.UK ()
    Website Hosting from $4.80/3pm -- .COM/.NET $39.98/24.99
    PHP4, MySQL (Root Access), Full CGI-BIN, Shell Access, FTP, POP3, WAP
    Full Control Reseller Accounts, unlimited domains, FTP, POP, MySQL,PHP4
  11. Contributing User

Hi,

I am setting up my hosting server right now (on a fast double T1 connection) I am using linux (Red Hat 7.1) and my goal is to create a system I could use myself (I am a developer and a want to experiment and use every apache/php module I know of and I need a good support for imagage generation and databases).

I have had the same problem you have right know with my previous host, so I understand your position.

Because I am installing the server right know I can install every feature I want (as long as it is open source or free), do you have any suggestions?

Please give me your price range and your demands, and I will make you a good offer.

Bizzk
  13. No Profile Picture

bizzk,

if you can install jsp support (i recommend tomcat), mySQL, and php4 for kicks, and also give me 1 GB of space and 10GB bandwidth a month (translates to ~4 KB/sec sustained transfer) with a 99.9% uptime guarantee for <$30/month, then you will have my heart. as well as my money.
  15. Contributing User

bigtrick:

>> 1 GB of space <<

You sure need this much space? What are you gonna do with that much??? If you are serious I can give you the 1 GB...

The rest of your requirments are fine.

Please give me your adress so I can contact you/contact me at filip@dewaard.nu.

Bizzk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo