1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow A few rants and some suggestions...

I with addr.com for about 2 months, my web page was probably up for about 2 weeks throughout that period.
    Addr.com is crap. A simple email question went unanswered for 10 days before a response, not a solution, a response.

I then changed to LiquidWeb.com and the first 30 days were spectacular. A great price but as soon as the 30 day money-back garauntee period was over, site went down and up down and up consistantly.

They offer no support on weekends or holidays. So if something is wrong on Friday night at 5:01, you're stuck until Monday morning at 10am.

So in my neverending quest for a reliable, trustworthy webhost, I ask the standard, "Does anyone know a good pay host?"

The main draw of my website is a Bulletin Board and a news script, both CGI. PHP support would be good for when I finally put the book down and start to implement it. At least 100MB of storage is good and at least 10GB of bandwidth. $20 usd is as high as I can go. $25 for a great plan.

That's really all I need. The main thing I'm looking for is reliability (isn't everyone else?).

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey there!

I don't know much about webhosts.. but the one I'm using is very good.. the only thing I see that's lacking from your list of prerequisites is the 10gig transfer...

Anyway.. you might want to check out http://www.cedant.com

They have good rates and the tech support has been great for me (response usually within 15 mins)... though I have to admit I haven't tried to ask for tech support during holidays.... just nights and weekends

The transfer is smaller than what you want (1.5-3gigs a month)... well give it a try, maybe something will work out
  5. No Profile Picture

I personally recommend Aletia Hosting (http://aletiahosting.com/). They give a big bang for your bucks. Their Essential Plan costs $9.95 for 200MB disk space and 10GB bandwidth. They have a real-time technical support (AIM/ICQ) which I feel it's great. Most of my problems are solved on the spot. They answer your emails within 24 hours, although most of my emails are answered within 3 hours or less.

Give it a try.
  7. No Profile Picture
    MCP

Hey Bluefire... I checked out Aletia. They look really good!

Would you happen to know how "lenient" they are with sites that use large amounts of PHP/mySQL?

- S A Curnew
  9. No Profile Picture

We offer fully customizable hosting - odds are, whatever your need we already have it installed, but if we don't have it, we will find it! Our packages are low priced and we offer support (Both hosting and web desgn) on a one on one basis. By email, trouble ticket or phone. Our uptime is guaranteed! We have installed the Zend Optimizer to speed your PHP scrips and offer a variety of databases and package add-ons! Do yourselves a favor and check us out, We just added a forum - Please let us know what you think! Stop by at http://hosting.mcdd.net Good Luck all!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo