1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Recommend fast shared hosting with MYSQL

Hi all,

Currently I am sitting on Windows servers and as a very amateur coder they are squishing my development options in PHP so I am looking to jump to an Apache set up.

I am developing a private micro-blogging (twitter like) application and need strong MYSQL support and storage over actual web storage. Ping and processing speed are very important but I can't afford anything fancy, I currently pay $22 a month for my 5 domains on the Windows rig.

Can anyone recommend a solid shared host with a good offering that would match my needs well? No unlimited plans.
  3. No Profile Picture

Just try planetonline.net, its quite good and reliable and their prices are affordable.

Regards,
    Raicol
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How much web space do you need? I would give the following a look:

http://www.unitedhosting.com/web-hosting.php
    http://www.rochenhost.com/business-hosting
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tamed_g
    Hi all,

Currently I am sitting on Windows servers and as a very amateur coder they are squishing my development options in PHP so I am looking to jump to an Apache set up.

I am developing a private micro-blogging (twitter like) application and need strong MYSQL support and storage over actual web storage. Ping and processing speed are very important but I can't afford anything fancy, I currently pay $22 a month for my 5 domains on the Windows rig.

Can anyone recommend a solid shared host with a good offering that would match my needs well? No unlimited plans.
    Why don't you Have a try at hioxindia.com I guess this can match up with your needs..
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Go search for a Cloud hosting, but do not go for any per hour/ per day billing! Another option is a virtual machine! You should be able to find something for around $30/month.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo