1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Reliable small PHP host ($5-$10/month)

I'm trying to find a hosting option that can handle a mostly HTML site with a couple of simple PHP pages, costing $5-$10 a month, with solid reliability and good customer service. This is for a family member; I usually use dedicated hosting which is well out of their price range, so I'm not familiar with which of the small hosts are reliable, and which are not. However, this is a professional site that they use for business, so it does need a reliable, good quality hosting provider.

To date, they've ruled out two sites I know of -- GoDaddy.com, which they had very bad experiences with, and GreenGeeks for much the same reason. Any other host suggestions are welcome.

I'm ideally looking for anyone's positive experiences. They're currently paying $7 a month for hosting, so that would be an ideal price bracket for them, but I'll recommend to them any host that's up to around $10/month. I doubt they'll be keen to go higher, simply because their site doesn't really need the kind of features that higher prices generally provide. It's a small site, and can probably handle low bandwidth options, but higher bandwidth would almost certainly be a selling point to them, if only for peace of mind.

Please, only respond with hosts you have personal experience of working with; thanks for any suggestions!
  3. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

We would be glad to host your family members site and give them the support they need. Our Basic Bronze package should be perfectly fine for them with plenty extra diskspace and bandwidth. All our packages also come with a free .com, .net, .org, .biz, or .info domain name, but if your family member already has the domain name they like we can give them 10% off.

Basic Bronze $6.95
    1000Mb Diskspace
    40GB Bandwidth
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    cPanel / Fantastico
    Unlimited MySQL Databases

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  5. No Profile Picture

Socheaphost.net can offer you
    2gb space
    25 gb bandwidth
    php, mysql, cpanel, fantastico

$2.00 a month. We are solid and stable.

http://socheaphost.net/shared.html
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You don't seem to have any special requirements that most quality web hosting provider can not meet. My suggestions is to choose 3 to 5 provider and to send them inquiries to test the way their technical and customer support teams respond.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the various suggestions, particularly the last post, which I have pretty much gone with. The issue was mainly that I didn't have enough knowledge of which hosts were genuinely quality ones, and which ones were simply piling themselves up around the web with affiliate links and feeder sites; I prefer recommendations from people with experience of using the hosts to reviews, in general, but in the end I've had to go with the latter instead.

I think I've picked out a couple that are good, though, and I'm investigating them now, so hopefully it'll work out.
  11. No Profile Picture

Sales IN NO WAY reflects customer support. Sales work half day and in some cases not on weekends. Booyah Hosting has a small package for $5.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello,

If you don't have any special requirements, I also like to suggest you to go for 3 or 5 hosting providers. So you will get the idea about their support, performance, features and etc.. Then you should be able to chose perfect hosting provider for your site.
  15. No Profile Picture

I suggest to go with hostgator. I've been using them for years, and I never had my websites offline!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have been using innohosting.com for several months. Till the moment it is posted I can ensure you that I haven't had any problem with them. I have used some "big boys" - they were good. But inno offer the same service in one hand as others but at the same time they are different. That is difficult to say how they are different.. Perhaps customer care is different. So my word: I recommend innohosting.

However fcolor gave you the best suggestion.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JXB546
    I have been using innohosting.com for several months. Till the moment it is posted I can ensure you that I haven't had any problem with them. I have used some "big boys" - they were good. But inno offer the same service in one hand as others but at the same time they are different. That is difficult to say how they are different.. Perhaps customer care is different. So my word: I recommend innohosting.

However fcolor gave you the best suggestion.
    Hello,

Can you provide us your account domain name for which you have an account with them?
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

DoctorJest,

Just like to throw my hat in the ring if you haven't settled on a host for your family member.

We give great support and customer service, that is what we pride ourselves on.

Any of our packages would fit your needs quite well, priced between $1.95 and $7.95 a month.

Hope to do business with you.

Mark

http://www.energizedit.com
    A full service web company
    Hosting | Template Customization | Domain Names
  23. No Profile Picture

Please follow
    winwebhosting.com/free_web_hosting.htm

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo