1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

SEO & Server Location.

I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere.

Does it matter looking at SEO where a server is located that hosts a certain website?

As an example. Would a website written in English rank higher in England when it is hosted in the country itself?

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture

Since you aren't finding much information on whether or not the location of the datacenter where your site is hosted can effect SEO probably there is not enough data on the topic to be able to make a determination. That being said if you are targeting a specific geographic area is can be helpful to have your ste hosted in the same area. If for no other reason than your site will perform better and load faster for visitors in the area.
  5. Editor-in-Beef

You may want to ask this question over at our sister forum, forums.seochat.com. We have a lot of SEO experts there that would be more than happy to answer your question.
    Editor-in-Beef
  7. No Profile Picture

I don't think so it happens.
  9. No Profile Picture

May be it's not that much impotent, if your site load fast & no problem with your host server than it ok. Often you may heard that it would be better for local searches. But my opinion, that's not much significant, can be easily overcome.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes! - Server geographic location are important to seo, you should have a server that located where your target visitors are coming from.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo