1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Set up a website like youtube, with video sharing

i cannot find this same issue in the forums, and need help: i need reasonably priced sw allowing me to set up a site where people can upload their videos and have them automatically convert and posted onto the site. then, i need an ISP that will host all that. does anyone have comprehensive knowledge of a turnkey way to do that?

thank you for your time! i've already spent hours looking into this. dcparham at gmail dot com.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First, you need not ISP, you need hosting provider, preferably dedicated server. Second, you don't need special software, just host with php support, good bandwidth and cpu. If you are beginner you'll need to hire web developer
    If you need host recommendation I suggest you 7host, they are reliable,stable european host with high performance and support team level
    Last edited by Injunction; December 9th, 2010 at 02:58 AM.
  5. Contributing User

There are many scripts available online to create a the sites like Youtube. You can either use one the free scripts available or hire a Developer and get a new custom script designed. It is always better to have custom script IMO.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Search for You Tube clones and prepare a good budget for dedicated server(s) and bandwidth.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You need stable hosting with high uptime and quality server solutions, I suggest to try Serverpoint , their support team will help you to solve any issue and it's perfect fit for your needs
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You can also check PHPMotion. I have just seen that we have tested that one and it worked good. However I never tried to manage a big project with that one.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  13. Contributing User

Yes. Phpmotion is one of the best scripts for starting a video sharing website. Then there is clipshare, vshare, rayzz, clipbucket which work really well.
  15. No Profile Picture

[1]which app would i use on the server so that someone can click an "upload video" link, upload the video to the server, then it automatically convert the video and place it into a folder?

[2]also, i suppose from that point i would have to browse, with php code or whatever, to the folder, grab the video and make a link activate that video when it is pressed, on the web page?

[3]also, what about size of videos? how to limit the video to 5 minutes?

thx James-A for your suggestions, i will look into it... and thx to all who've answered!!!
  17. No Profile Picture

in proper forum-blog etiquette, i will apologize for redundant questions, for i see James-A's phpMotion may hold, with elbow grease, many of the answers. your responses are all most appreciated!
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by dcparham
    [1]which app would i use on the server so that someone can click an "upload video" link, upload the video to the server, then it automatically convert the video and place it into a folder?

[2]also, i suppose from that point i would have to browse, with php code or whatever, to the folder, grab the video and make a link activate that video when it is pressed, on the web page?

[3]also, what about size of videos? how to limit the video to 5 minutes?

thx James-A for your suggestions, i will look into it... and thx to all who've answered!!!
    Glad I could help

I know that most of the users we have prefer one of those scripts. All that needs to be done is install the ready to use script on your domain. You might want to check the related websites for those scripts. They have a demo available on their website which will help you understand the features they come with. Some scripts also have a feature to limit the size of the videos.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo