1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Setting up a hosting company?

I have purchased a dedicated hosting and now i want to sell some hosting package. Can you tell me what i need for billing, client managemment etc? what softwares and how cheap can i get them and which ones are most user friendly to use?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

For billing and client management, there's a lot of options. Some good, some bad...

The two main ones that I know of are Plesk and WHCMS. There's a lot more out there, but these are probably the widest known of the lot so far.

I'll just make one small point to think about. How many account sare you planning in selling on your server? From what you've said, I'm going to assume that you have got one only server, and you'll be using it for yourself as well? You'll have to see just how much income you'll generate. With only one server it'll be damned hard to pay the bills with just this, unless you go the devils route of overselling (which is very bad).
  5. No Profile Picture

I suggest you check whether your purcase of dedi server is included billing software or whm

Originally Posted by hankyjohn
    I have purchased a dedicated hosting and now i want to sell some hosting package. Can you tell me what i need for billing, client managemment etc? what softwares and how cheap can i get them and which ones are most user friendly to use?
  7. No Profile Picture

First you need to choose which control panel are you going to use. The most commonly used CPs are cPanel and DirectAdmin. Then comes the billing i suggest WHMCS since it already comes with your own client management, billing & support system you can automate the creation of hosting accounts, invoices and much more. For pricing its up to you how are you going to market your prices.
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

WHMCS works fine and yu should get any kind of control panel. Anyone, not just me would recommend cPanel because it is the most popular hosting automation software on the market. However it is important to target a specific consumer group because the market is very saturated.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

IMHO if you would like to sell hosting services it will be much better to get Reseller hosting package than Dedicated. In this way you could easily sell hosting to your clients and there will be not such problems like billing and customers support.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Did you already get the server wanting to enter the hosting market without already figuring out what billing software you're going to use? I'm sorry to bust your bubble but this is something you should have already figured out. There are lots of billing software on the market. Some of the more popular ones are clientexec, whmcs, plesk billing (formerly modernbill), whmautopilot, etc. I have extensive experience with modernbill but did play with ce and whmap quite a bit. I would have to say modernbill was the best IMO. WHMCS is newer than the other three but have gained alot of ground. Unfortunately I didnt work with it enough to give an opinion.
  15. No Profile Picture

I would definitely recommend ModernBill. It's not only very reliable as it's been around for quite a while but it's interface is very user friendly too. I used it for a very long time before deciding to switch to WHMCS but I still believe MB is one of the best and easy to use billing systems out there.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ModernBill is powerful. But clientexec and WHMCS are easier for new users.
    Everything about free hosting
    Funny picture blog
    The best anonymous web proxy list
  19. No Profile Picture

You should use WHMCS, Pay PAl, be able to receive payments through credit cards.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

IMHO ModernBill has gone downhill since being bought my Parallel's. As far as a panel cPanel/WHM are very common and much better then Plesk or DirectAdmin.

WHMCS or ClientExec are great Billing Software
  23. No Profile Picture

Payment,maybe paypal is a better way for both side.I think the Security of every aspect is important,but the most important thing is that you should have enough professional technician to solve problems from customers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo