1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is the best solution for the VPS hosting trouble.

What is the best solution for the VPS hosting trouble.

I'm using a VPS hosting with SentOS WHN/Cpanel. My site is going up and down everyday. It has been already like 3 days. Services restarts 2-3 times a day. I have no clue on what are those services nor how to solve it. So, I asking hosting company for help. Seems to me they have no idea on what is really going on too. I keep getting emails from Cpanel on service restarted. Following are the examples:

cpanellogd on host.hello.com failed
    spamd on host.hello.com failed
    nameserver on host.hello.com failed
    queueprocd on host.hello.com failed
    mysql on host.hello.com failed
    exim on host.hello.com failed
    cpsrvd on host.hello.com failed

Seems to me I'm helpless on solving this issue and I need to make it working asap. So, I'm thinking to move my site to share hosting. I don't need too many control. As long as my my site running smoothly, i will be fine. Do you guys think going to share hosting will cut trouble for those back end issue? Do you think this is my best solution to solve this problem?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, I think if you don't really need SSH console access to your server, shared hosting might be much better (easier to manage) option. The trouble with VPS is most packages are "unmanaged", which means a customer (you) is responsible for configuration/security etc.

Live Support Chat for your website
  5. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Moving to shared hosting is your best solution, on shared hosting the host is responsible for managing the server and making sure that everything is configured correctly so no problems come up. In a VPS unless you pay for a managed package, you are responsible for everything (besides the physical equipment).

What specs/budget are you looking for?
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Get someone to optimize your VPS or sign up for Managed VPS. This is the only way to guarantee the performance of the virtual machine. Otherwise you will enjoy guaranteed resources, but you will not be able to use them properly.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo