1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need suggestion about web hosting

I am new to the concept of Web Hosting, please tell me What is Web Hosting, how is it beneficial in promoting any business? Do you know which company provide affordable web hosting?
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

...That post can't possibly say what I thought it said. No way.

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Web hosting is a service that provides Internet users with online systems for storing information, images, video, or any content accessible via the web. Web hosts are companies that provides space on a server they own for use by their clients as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center.

You can go for any type of hosting like free hosting, shared hosting , reseller hosting , virtual private servers (VPS) and dedicated servers .

As you are new to hosting concept , then go for shared hosting or resellers hosting .
  7. No Profile Picture

Web hosting

it's really good question for all web hosting means especially in the field of online services - to respond precisely to these imperfections with most suppliers Internet hosting english exist. and this provide us online serveses.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by hostingfs
    I am new to the concept of Web Hosting, please tell me What is Web Hosting, how is it beneficial in promoting any business? Do you know which company provide affordable web hosting?
    Welcome to the community mate. For general informations about web hosting the other members provided you with useful informations and links. We can not say there is such a provider which is best in the industry as far as hosting is concerned.
    There is host which is best for you only.
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Hi,

I think that you should spend some time in reading in Wikipedia or any other knowledge base website. It would take a lot of time for anyone here to provide all the basic information about web hosting you need.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello hostingfs,

A web host is the base name that is given to the entire company or business to host your Web site and made available to other people considers the Internet.
    Once you take things point by point, however, you will learn how to choose the web hosting company that is right for you.
    First you need to know what you want out of a company's hosting of the web. You should know exactly what you need. For example, are you planning to create a business or a personal Web site? Each of these types of sites have different needs and cost different amounts.
    Next thing is to take a look at the specifications that they provide and your requirements. According to that you can select a plan that seems to be suitable for you.
    Then go for the live support and make inquires about the plan and take suggestions from them.

This will help to get an idea about hosting a site.
    And also there are many hosts and you can find the best for you, by searching reviews, checking the plans,etc. The affordable host depends on your budget and requirements.

Thanking you,
    kvchosting
  15. No Profile Picture

Thread Reply

I agree with all the good replies and it's really hard to choose a good web host if your new to it. Several Factors I use when picking a web host are...

1. Sever specs - I would recommend at least a dual-core or better. depending on the type of site your going to host.

2. Reliability - How the up-time is and how often they do maintainence of their equipment.

3. Features - Make sure you pick a host that offers other services as well. There's no reason a person has to jump around god's green earth to get the things they want in several places, when they can have them all in one spot.

4. Cost - When considering a good web host, always look at the cost as a big factor. Make sure your getting exactly what your supposed to be paying for and nothing less.

I hope this information helps you find a reliable and affordable web host in the future.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Great help!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo