1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I know maybe this isn't the appropriate place to post this question, but I can't get any sattisfactory answers at f2s. And I know a lot of you use f2s for testing purposes.

I've got a problem uploading files larger then 3KB. Smaller files take forever (so it seems), but the larger fiels result in time outs. I've used both WS FTP LE and CuteFTP. With neither I've succeded to upload that one larger file.

During the period when my FTP client says it is uploading the file, I can see my connection recieve a lot of data, but I don't know where it is coming from or where it is going.

I've been trying for more thatn a week now, and in the mean while I'm starting to go crazy.

Please can anybody here help me.

Thanks Bas,

P.S. I know I'mnot the only one with this problem. A collegue of mine is experiencing teh same problem.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I too have experienced some wierd stuff from f2s, although not exactly what you're getting.

I often lose my connection because it gets soooo slow that it just drops out (maybe because i'm far away from them but I think they have a slow connection to their free hosting servers).

You get what you pay for :-)
  5. No Profile Picture

I have never really had any major probs with uploading to them. Check the support boards.

------------------
    Stop slaggin off tuna
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've been checking their support boards. Someone suggested changing ISP, so I did. And hey problem solved .
  9. No Profile Picture

That's just the way it is. Oh well. Sorry m8.

------------------
    Stop slaggin off tuna
  11. No Profile Picture

I had this problem on one group site I help HTML, but there's no problem on my other 2 sites hosted there I help out at. So after a lot of headaches and searching, I finally found the answer buried in months of f2s forum posts.

Don't know if this is your problem, but on WS FTP, go to options and I forget which tab, but one of them has a "firewall" box. Uncheck that and your upload time will improve enough you might get that big file uploaded. It seems to be a server related glitch (since firewall is checked on one of the other sites and it has no problems). As always with F2S - you either get a great server or a sucky one. Love 'em or hate 'em

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo