Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'd say there are two things to consider:

1) If you feel need for speed with a low traffic, then probably your web-site is either really specific or very poorly designed. If there are great delays in loading pages etc (with no obvious reason) - perhaps you'd better work on the site itself.

Using VPS in such cases is like turbo-boosting your car when it lacks a pair of wheels and drags its body over the surface.

2) There are many different VPS providers. I've seen a pair which were slower than payed hostings. Moreover, it is a question whether you want VPS with technology providing constant performance, or with shared resources (which would be cheaper, and may be sometimes faster and sometimes slower).

However, since you did not give info on specific details, page-load times, description of your web-site etc. - it is hard to tell anything definite.
    CodeAbbey - programming problems for novice coders
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Dominic-PVM
    It depends on your traffic. If you have low traffic, then I would recommend shared hosting to start off with.

You can always upgrade to a VPS later.

Regards,
    PremiumVM
    That was the thing I thought, you do not need vps if it is working fine in shared hosting, vps needs extra management, and believe me you will not notice any change in speed.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo