1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is VPS my best solution for $200 budget???

I'm looking for changing to a new Linux VPS Hosting company. My web is running oscommerce shopping cart now is like 3.5G with Mysql and I get 4000 visits per day. What i concern the most is their service then goes to the performance. I need my web up all the time even it is down. The hosting needs to repair the problem in fast reaction and really look into what cause the problem.

My budget is $200 per month, I know for that price I can get a dedicated server but my problem is I don't know about tuning the Linux plus I have experience using the dedicated server that if the hardware goes wrong and I will need to spend lot of time to find out what is the problem because most people think it is the software problem at first making the serve hangs.If I use VPS then within the server all the users are facing the same problem. So, the hosting change hardware right away nor keep on asking what i have done on the web.

Do you think using VPS is right way for me to go?
    If yes, what is the best hosting company that is good at service?

Feel free to ask me any question. I will keep on watching this thread thanks.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Best you go Dedicated. $200 can you a Managed Dedicated Server no problem, it just depends on where you look.

I can offer you a Fully Managed Dedicated Server for that price.

Operating System: CentOS 5 - 32-BIT
    Control Panel: CPanel/WHM
    Premium Bandwidth: 4000GB/Month
    RAM/Memory: 8GB DDR2
    IP Addresses (Base Allocation): 5
    Primary Hard Drive: 1000GB SATA
    $199.99 Monthly No Set Up Fees

Let me know if you are interested.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you want high reliability on a $200/mo budget your best bet is high quality shared hosting.

With a dedicated server you're responsible for both the hardware and the software, and your system is isolated and alone. Even with a managed dedicated server, the server is still isolated and a hardware or software failure will still bring your server offline until your technician can repair it. If you want failover capabilities on your own dedicated server you're going to need more than $200/mo.

With both a dedicated server and a VPS you are responsible for the software. If you are not an experienced server administrator you should not think that you can successfully manage your own server software. Software problems can cause downtime just as easily as hardware problems, and are much more likely to cause far more serious problems than downtime, like having customer data stolen or lost. Additionally, a VPS usually won't provide you with failover either.

With shared hosting you are responsible for neither the hardware nor software, and with high quality shared hosting your provider should have powerful servers with complete failover and 24/7 technicians to resolve any problems. Plus, they will almost certainly have availability monitors in place to quickly alert them to any problems. They can also handle backups for you.
  7. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

It really depends what you are doing. Shared would be your best solution if you are just running a high traffic site and dont need to run any special programs or anything, but with shared you are extremely limited on what you can do.

What specs are you needing?

We would be glad to provide you with a dedicated server and give you reliable support. If yout ell us you think a part has gone bad, we will gladly swap that part out for you at no cost.
    We just got in a bunch of
    Intel quad Xeon E5405 @2Ghz
    2Gb Ram
    2x1TB 7.2k RPM
    1TB Bandwidth
    for $199.99/Month
    Let us know if you are interested.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  9. No Profile Picture

Is advertising like that allowed?
  11. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Originally Posted by Virtuous_Host
    Is advertising like that allowed?
    Check the forum rules. spamming threads with advertisements will get you in trouble, but as long as the offer goes with the thread.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello,

I would like to suggest you to go for with your own dedicated server instead of taking VPS.
  15. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I second the recommendation for managed hosting, ClientIntellect has good managed hosting.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i completely agree that using dedicated means it will tough to troubleshoot. So, VPS is a very good idea to get going. I am using one web hosting company and they have very good customer service and response time is very less. you check simplehelix
  19. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I don't know what kind of applications do you run on the VPS, but the budget you have seem to be good. You'd better post more about you projects and say if you have any special requirements about the OS, database, scripting, etc.

You can also consider a cloud based service and it might be different from a vps.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  21. No Profile Picture

Check this features for your VPS Server

# Windows 2003 Web 32-Bit / CentOS (64-bit or 32-bit Compatibility) Linux Operating System
    # - Optional cPanel / Plesk Control Panel
    # - Secured VPS with free IPTables Firewall
    # - Manage your VPS with VMware Virtual Infrastructure
    # - Ability to install and customize applications

CPU 5.09 GHz
    RAM 3801 MB
    Disk Space 198 GB
    Bandwidth 2700 GB
    IP Addresses 2

Price :- $165.95/m +2% discount on this price

If you interested please let us know

sumit pradhan
    365ezone
    sales[@]365ezone.com
  23. No Profile Picture

Domain register Help with Best Hosting services.

VPS hosting is alredy set by the provider, you cant change that, You contact the site or use the site to host in VPS hosting the server do all the works like, hosting gathering data, redirecting possible at as soon as possible. And i got this site thewebpole.com for my domain name all hosting free services.... Simply its a best to register the domain name @ cheapest costs with free web hosting. Also they provides some free of costs services also
    * Photo Album
    * Quick Blogcast
    * Hosting with site builder
    * Personalized Email Account
    * Starter Web Page
    * "For Sale" Page
    * Parked Page w/ Domain
    * Domain Forwarding & Masking
    * 100-Pack Email Forwarding
    * Total DNS Control
    * Change of Registration
    * Status Alerts