1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Warning: TSN Internet Scam

I got scammed by TSN Internet

I ordered a .com.au domain name for $60 and accepted a 3 month free trial of webhosting. After one week I went with a cheap webhost ($5/month) and went into the TSN website and cancelled it.
    They have charged me $44 for 2 months webhosting which I have never even used!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by kyliecoast
    I got scammed by TSN Internet

I ordered a .com.au domain name for $60 and accepted a 3 month free trial of webhosting. After one week I went with a cheap webhost ($5/month) and went into the TSN website and cancelled it.
    They have charged me $44 for 2 months webhosting which I have never even used!!
    Since when as TSN (The TV Station) moved into the web hosting market????
    Nothing to see
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hehe,

That sucks, you can always take legal action agains't there company find out there IP and see where there server is from and talk to them about it. If you have billing invoices and proof there is no problem you can get your money back.

If you paid with paypal get paypal to do an investigation and you will get some compensation

-----
    Mark Smith
    PlanetServers Inc
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think TSN Internet (www.tsninternet.com.au or www.tsn.cc)has nothing to do with any TV station.

When you use their website they do not give any confirmation of cancellation (or confirmation of anything). I just signed up for a domain name, cancelled the forced hosting but even today the website says my account is active and I have faxed them a cancellation as well and they say they have received the fax, yet billing is still set to 'active'. I am keeping logs of all our phone conversations to send to the Department of Fair Trading and the DNS record says it belongs to some Michael Saunders of 'Saunders Properties' in Port Macquarie.
    They have my credit card number so I have contacted the bank and they are investigating the charges.
    Its an awful sinking feeling knowing that scammers can just keep billing you $22 a month for hosting you have never used and there's nothing you can do to stop them!
  9. No Profile Picture

We are not a scam

Kylie,

We are not a scam company. When you apply for a domain.
    A screen all by itself comes up and says "Would you like hosting" Bit hard to say we scammed you when they are the only words on the screen and you choose "yes".

We do offer a way to cancel and we clearly print a free call number on our homepage which you can call. I mean you said you contacted the accounts department and spoke to them and they stopped the charges. What more can you expect from a company.

I understand that you pay $5 per month for hosting but we can't offer our services releastically for that price. So once again we apologise for any inconvience but we are far from a scam.
  11. Moderator

way to dig up an old thread :|
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by kyliecoast
    I think TSN Internet (www.tsninternet.com.au or www.tsn.cc)has nothing to do with any TV station.
    Checkout tsn.ca, its a popular sports network
    Nothing to see

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo