#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    New to web hosting


    Hi
    can any one tell me which is the best hosting site that can provide sql and at least 10 GB of space and how much it will cost in GBP.
  2. #2
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,066
    Rep Power
    1990
    One thing that you should always remember is that there is no best hosting company. Ever.

    Some are better then others at customer service, and some offer more resources for your account, but even these are still factors that are part of your decision making process. Some people like some hosts, some people like other hosts. It depends completely on your requirements.

    I hate to say it, but asking a question like that in this forum is going to lead to a flood of replies from hosting providers, both good and bad, in here offering you various things. None of them will take into account what you actually need, but just that you are looking for hosting and a price. That's not a good way to decide on things like this.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    5
    Hello,

    I fully agree with Catacaustic. You should define your requirments first and after that to look for some hosts. Just make sure that the hosting company you choose provide money back guarantee, so you can cancel the service and to get your money back if not happy.

    Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  6. #4
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    613
    Rep Power
    17
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    ...I hate to say it, but asking a question like that in this forum is going to lead to a flood of replies from hosting providers, both good and bad, in here offering you various things. None of them will take into account what you actually need, but just that you are looking for hosting and a price. That's not a good way to decide on things like this.
    Why did you say this? How could you know what any web hosting provider's representative would respond to any thread? What you have said is creating a negative expectations. I would agree with you that many people go to forums and post just to see their signatures in the threads. However there are other who stay on the topic.

    What the DevShed user has in the original thread would be answered by site owners who would share the experience they have with any hosting provider!
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  8. #5
  9. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,066
    Rep Power
    1990
    Originally Posted by fcolor
    Why did you say this? How could you know what any web hosting provider's representative would respond to any thread? What you have said is creating a negative expectations. I would agree with you that many people go to forums and post just to see their signatures in the threads. However there are other who stay on the topic.

    What the DevShed user has in the original thread would be answered by site owners who would share the experience they have with any hosting provider!
    That is just what I meant.

    When a hosting companies "representative" comes here to "answer" questions like that, it's all just purely self-promotion. You can't take into account the OP's needs or requirements because they didn't specify anything more then a storage limit and a database. How can you say that what you or any other hosting company can offer "the best package" when that's all that you know?

    I do understand that hosting companies come places like this to get new customer,s make more money, etc... But you also know better then most that the hosting companies on here will just spam threads like this with "we give best package" replies that might offer something good, and might not offer something good. Like I said originally, it's more then just price, and I don't believe that any hosting company can come on here and say "We give the best service" without the figures to back it up.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by comcian
    Hi
    can any one tell me which is the best hosting site that can provide sql and at least 10 GB of space and how much it will cost in GBP.

    Hii

    First of all you should analyze your requirements and go through some review sites which will helpful in making decision.


    Thanks
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile Hey


    Hi,

    I am a newbie in this matter, however, i made a website and went for a German web-hosting company goweb.de as i had heard and read on review sites that there are loads of good companies in Germany and also i found their prices justified.

    Although, its only 2 months since my website got active, so, its been a comfortable experience so far in terms of speed and overall service. Hope u find this useful.

    Thanks
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by comcian
    Hi
    can any one tell me which is the best hosting site that can provide sql and at least 10 GB of space and how much it will cost in GBP.
    firstly, welcome to the world of webhosting..!!

    before you decide what company you are looking at there are a few things to think about.

    for example what do you require, (windows or linux) if your not sure, linux will most likely be just fine.

    then then you need to decide what location you require...
    (where you live could be better.)

    and then when you have a few companys, simple email all the companys the same question, at the same time, and see who replys first...


    and then just go from there, try to pick a host offering cpanel, because if you ever need to changes hosts, it will make things alot easier..

    good luck!!
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    ... But you also know better then most that the hosting companies on here will just spam threads like this with "we give best package" replies that might offer something good, and might not offer something good.
    And as this thread continues with these "we give best package" offers, it's at least amusing (well, maybe to only me) on how right Catacaustic was....he, he.
  18. #10
  19. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    11
    In accordance with the hosting specifications mentioned by you, I would suggest you to opt for shared hosting. However make sure that you opt for managed shared hosting with a web hosting company who provides with a 24/7 technical support.
    Webhosting.uk.com :: Reseller Hosting | Cloud Server UK | Fully Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Great Opportunity :: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn upto 300! per Sale:clap:
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    2
    Hi,
    Did you ever find a hosting company? who did you go with if so?
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello,

    I fully agree with Catacaustic. You should define your requirments first and after that to look for some hosts. Just make sure that the hosting company you choose provide money back guarantee, so you can cancel the service and to get your money back if not happy.

    Regards
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by kool.jamespaul
    Hii

    First of all you should analyze your requirements and go through some review sites which will helpful in making decision.


    Thanks
    There's no "Best" thing but most suitable stuff. you just need a service that works properly with your expectations.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo