1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web hosting questions

Hello,

I am preparing to launch a web site but I need to clear up a few things.

First, are there certain issues to be wary of when using a hosting service?

More specifically, do most hosting services include DB support? If so, are there standard limits? Would a person need to upgrade if they needed a lot of data storage for things like forums?

I've looked around a bit and noticed that many hosting services seem to be fairly inexpensive but there must be more to it than just a few dollars a month.

I guess I will leave it at that but any advice would be appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Most Hosting providers do support DB, and also there is also a limit on a DB you can upload for example 200mb. If you use a shared account you will have to ask support to upload a DB for you, because you will not have ssh access. On VPS or a Dedicated server you can do it by yourself(or ask support if you do not know how do upload a big DB)
    █ HostedFX- 8 Years In Business Quality And Affordable
    █ Shared, Reseller and VPS Hosting. Upto 77% Off.
    www.hostedfx.com
  5. No Profile Picture

Mostly what you have to be wary about when purchasing hosting is the bandwidth capacity, kind of support they provide (100% or limited, free or paid), number of subdomains you can create, whether you can park/add-on domains and such. Usually these information are found on the hosting providers' offer if you click on the hosting packages' more info button.

Regarding DB for shared hosting there are some which allows for you to create/upload DB however if its too big then you would need to ask for assistance in enlarging the DB size but only for 100-200mb more.
  7. No Profile Picture

Yeah, just be wary about unlimited hosting, depending on how much you'd use (over 1gb) I'd suggest going through their TOS and making sure what you'll be doing will agree with them. Personally, I'd suggest not to go with an unlimited plan.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

Most shared hosting companies will be fine for small forums, but if you have more traffic then you should go for VPS hosting services. It will be more expensive, but you will have more serer resources.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes almost all web hosting company's offer database support with there hosting plans. My suggestion is to choose hosting company that provides 30 days money back guarantee so that if you are not satisfied with there serveries or if you don't meet your requirement you can ask for the refund
    Gabrielle - Host Department LLC
    Unlimited Web Hosting (20%) - april20 | Reseller Hosting - Both Linux and windows
    Follow us on TWITTER...
  13. No Profile Picture

You can find many hosts that will provide unlimited plans for a few dollars a month. If you plan to have a forum with a good number of visitors that could generate load issues with a shared account. You might consider a VPS if that is the case. It is usually a good idea to make a pre-sales call to your selected host to determine which type of plan best suits your specific need. This method allows you to first test how the company responds and secondly to make sure that you are signing up for the right plan. While there are many web hosts to choose from, you will want to focus on those with the best uptime and support services over pricing. Look for a company that offers multiple channels where you can reach out for support. Longevity of a company is also an important factor. Hosts come and go at a high rate and if you look for a provider who has a decade or more of experience then your odds of choosing a good provider will improve.
  15. No Profile Picture

Hi
    at first you have to do discussion with hosting team. you must ask about benefit, backup , payment, paid rules etc.
  17. No Profile Picture

At first you have to fine spam free web hosting service. i thinks, DB support is good. If you think that you need a person , you can hired a freelancer.
  19. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I do not know what kind of DB do you do. If it is MySQL any Linux based cPanel web host could work. However I would suggest you to go with a company that owns its infrastructure, not with a Reseller Shard host. The best you'd do is to try to ring a web host which is in your local area.

There are no "standard" limits in Shared Hosting. Unfortunately many companies offer "unlimited" Shared Hosting. You'd expect anything a poor service from companies like these. I'd not mention names…
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  21. No Profile Picture

Hosting now adays is not very expensive, they are cheap and good, competition is making them better day by day.

Regarding your database question, yes all support them.

Another advice would be check the reviews before getting any host!
  23. No Profile Picture

Also for vps you would need to learn to manage it!
  25. No Profile Picture

There are certain websites that offer web hosting, you only have to see the reviews of company, If they are good you will definitely get good service from them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo