1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows Hosting with ASP.Net & Sql Server

A couple of years ago (the last time I ordered hosting) Windows web hosting solutions were all over the place. Now there hardly seems to be any reliable ones; is anyone aware of a reason why?

Now, I normally use Linux hosting anyway but I've got a project that requires ASP.Net and SQL Server. Is anybody aware of a reasonably priced shared hosting solution that supports these two technologies? Just bearing in mind that my current hosting is US$ a month with Webfaction.

I have checked out some of the review sites but many of them seem very biased and I have been warned about particularly biased threads actually posted by the web hosting companies themselves. Is there anywhere reliable to get advice from about picking a good host these days?

Thanks well in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Now there hardly seems to be any reliable ones; is anyone aware of a reason why?
    Because it has higher licensing costs, most web site owners don't care one way or the other, and most web developers recommend linux. Over time this tends to lead to a decrease in demand, which in turn leads to a decrease in supply.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

I have noticed though that most of the jobs going in the UK these days request .Net and ASP.Net skills with IIs. Folk rarely mention Linux. Even development is still pushed with Dreamweaver. I always feel quite alone when in some of the UK based forums as I seem to be the only one punching away in Bluefish and never asking questions on how to get my Xampp working.

Also, the UK is the only place I have manged to find some 'reputable' web hosts during today that actually provide ASP.Net with SQL Server support. Even then though some of them restrict the size of available databases to a stingy 2GB.

I know this is the hosting forum, but with your comment about decreases in demand should I be looking to twist the arm of my company and get them to look at alternative frameworks to ASP.Net?

Thanks for advice.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

ASP.Net isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon, and maybe it's more popular over there then it is over here.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. No Profile Picture

well, there are alot of jobs going on over here for windows, but, its weird, because you hardly ever see a windows host, let alone a uk based windows host...
  11. No Profile Picture

If you look for the UK based hosting company then i would suggest you this website where you can find the hosting plan at cheaper price with the best features, support and pricing. You can get everything you need and it's very easy.
  13. No Profile Picture

Can u please tell me any UK based hosting company Alexanderos?

Regards,
    Raicol
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Take a look at webhost4life.com. They are mainly a windows based provider and offers asp/sql at a nice price.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

What are your ASP.NET and SQL Server versions? Before choosing the new hosting provider makes sure that they support your requirements.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  19. No Profile Picture

I would suggest you to go for planetonline.net.They are excellent ant having affordable prices for their services.

Regards,
    Raicol

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo