1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Windows Hosting and Linux Hosting

hi gays,
    some body tell me what difference between windows hosting and linux hosting and which is best for business of hosting and Why Most people use linux hosting.

help me

thanks and advanced.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

If you would like to host ASP.NET and MS SQL then you could choose Windows hosting, otherwise if you would like to host PHP and MySQL then Linux hosting will be the right choice.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's a matter of personal preference if you consider other than the points given by HostingASPNet.
  7. No Profile Picture

Windows hosting is much easier than linux hosting. But, linux hosting is more preferable as it is more secure and cheaper.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by dornaled
    hi gays,
    some body tell me what difference between windows hosting and linux hosting and which is best for business of hosting and Why Most people use linux hosting.

help me

thanks and advanced.
    Windows Hosting is based on Microsoft Windows OS which is a paid product where as Linux is based on open source Linux OS hence is cheaper.
    Hosting platform selection depends on the applications you use to build your website. If you use ASP .NET MSSQL etc... then you will have to go with Windows Hosting else linux hosting shold suffice your needs. Are you still looking for reliable webhost ?
    Webhosting.uk.com :: Reseller Hosting | Cloud Server UK | Fully Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Great Opportunity :: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn upto 300! per Sale:clap:
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dornaled
    hi gays,

help me

thanks and advanced.
    linux hosting
    Linux is an open source system and is therefore more cost-effective to operate and maintain than Windows, meaning that Linux hosting will cost you less than Windows hosting. Linux also has a reputation for stability and speed which means that Linux web servers will crash less often than Windows web servers and Linux runs most processes faster than Windows.

windows hosting
    The main "advantage" or distinction of Windows servers is that they can run Microsoft software such as Access and MS SQL databases. Windows servers also offer web developers the use of Microsoft's programming environments such as Active Server Pages (ASP), Visual Basic Scripts, MS Index Server.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo