Thread: Wordpress

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Wordpress

All along I thought wordpress was a blogging site. I have a client who said she had a wordpress site hosted by bluehost.com. I was sure that she only had her domain with bluehost that pointed to her wordpress blog. Bluehost has on there home page that they have wordpress. Now I am totally confused. What is wordpress?
    Have Eternal Life
    Learning is so unproductive...
    The more I learn the more questions I have!
    Therefore I am going backwards.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

WordPress is a CMS (content management system) that is free to use and extremely user-friendly. You can create attractive blogs and websites with it. It comprises of a wide range of user-friendly features, easy to use applications and themes, scripts and plugins. Even the users who are not tech savy can create impressive website with WordPress and it can be integrated with any of the web hosting plans.
  5. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

To really see the "difference"...

www.wordpress.com - Allows users to set up their own hosted blog.

www.wordpress.org - Distribution and support site for the Wordpress software.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I understand that you are confused. WordPress is a website (blog) management platform and CMS. a Wordpress CMS based site would be hosted with any hosting provider who supports it (99.9% do). However the Wordpress founder and owner created Wordpress.com to offer both free and paid services based on his website management platform.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo