1. Moderator
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

PHP 5 Development Web Hosting

MonsterHosting.ca is now offering PHP 5 Development Hosting. With the release of PHP 5 it is time to start testing your scripts to use the new features of PHP 5 and to see if your current scripts work with PHP 5. We are providing a seperate development server with PHP 5 installed. If you require a subdomain for just testing this can also be provided at no extra cost.

Mini PHP 5 Hosting Package
    $9.95 US a Month or $12.95 CDN a Month

:. 500 MB Web Space
    :. 20 GB a month Premium Bandwidth
    :. Unmetered POP/IMAP/Webmail Email accounts
    :. Unmetered Autoresponders
    :. Unmetered Mailing Lists
    :. Unmetered Sub Domains
    :. Unmetered Addon Domains
    :. Unmetered MySQL databases
    :. Unmetered FTP Accounts
    :. 24/7 Support
    :. 99% Uptime Guarantee
    :. cPanel 9 Control Panel
    :. 3 Web-based Email Clients (NeoMail, Horde, Squirellmail)
    :. Catch-all e-mail and Email Forwarding
    :. SPAM Filter and SpamAssassin
    :. Private CGI-BIN
    :. Perl & Python
    :. Server Sides Includes (SSI)
    :. Account and Site Log Files
    :. Webalizer, Awstats and Analog Site Statistics
    :. Frontpage 2002 Extensions
    :. APACHE Handlers
    :. Cron Jobs
    :. SSH Access

To read more about this package or to purchase go to:

Mini PHP 5 Hosting Package

Checkout our New Hosting Toolbar

If you have any questions contact me at gjones@monsterhosting.ca or by phone 1-866-315-4877
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi. I have a rather innocent question. There were two people who posted commercial websites today that contained the word MONSTER in the url and in the business name. Both sites also feature a mascot that is obviously a "monster". Now we all know major company monster, that owns monsterjobs, and many other monsterXXX URL companies.

Doesn't it strike you as daring, and perhaps foolish, businesswise, to even attempt to create a site with that name and featuring such a mascot? Although I am sure your intention were not to do so, but when I saw your site to me it appeared you are attempting to mimic their likeness for commercial gain. I myself would never do this, as I am positive they could easily win a case of doing so.

I was wondering why someone would actually do such a thing and put the business (and yourself if you're not inc'ed) in such legal danger?

In fact, if you go to http://monsterhosting.com/ you will see they are soon to launch a business with an identical URL, and if you go to monsterjobs.com you will see their well-known monster mascot.
    Last edited by StartUpMan; September 20th, 2004 at 12:06 AM.
  5. Moderator
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well actually we have our Business Name registered and our logo copyright. I'm not sure what Monster.com can do about it. We picked this name because it was easy to remember. Our logo and branding looks nothing like Monster.com. I would prefer if you wish to continue this conversation that your contact me at gjones@monsterhosting.ca
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo