1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up Free Hosting For Life

INFINITY WEB SERVICES - www.infinityws.com
    FREE HOSTING @ its Best!

For a limited time you can recieve the same great quality hosting our clients get, but with this offer, you get it FOR FREE! We are an established hosting provider with a great track record and we are very fortunate to have reached the point where we are now able to give back to the hosting community.

This is a first come first serve offer. This offer is only valid to the first 200 people.

Here's what you get:
    300MB Disk Space
    3GB Bandwith
    30 Email Accounts
    30 MySQL Database(s)
    30 SubDomains
    CGI
    FP Extensions
    Cpanel Theme - default

FANTASTICO (30+ Pre-Installed Scipts)
    Control Panel Access (CPanel 9)
    Billing/Support Interface (ModernBill)
    UNLIMITED Email Forwarders
    SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Support
    RealAudio/Video Streaming (http)
    Windows Media Player Streaming (http)
    Vacation Message
    Autoresponders
    AWStats/Webalizer Stats
    .htaccess Password Protected Pages
    CGI, PHP4, SSI
    Custom Error Pages
    FTP Access
    Microsoft FrontPage Extensions
    Custom Counter
    FTP Transfer Utility
    Catch All Email Account
    Online File Manager
    Free Site Submission
    Preinstalled CGI and PHP Scripts
    PhpBB and Invision Board Scripts
    FREE Shopping Cart Software!
    WebMAIL Support
    +++MORE

24/7 AMAZING TECH SUPPORT!
    GIVE YOUR WEBSITE THE EDGE!

Value of Package=$100
    With Coupon=FREE!

ORDER NOW
    To take advantage of this great off, CLICK HERE

Use the following coupon code: iws06

HURRY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!
  3. No Profile Picture

is the $15 the catch?
  5. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What the heck?

You state "Free Hosting For Life" yet your website says "Your contract is valid for one year, at which we will reevaluate our position to offer free hosting."

That means you have Free Hosting for 1 year with possible extension, NOT Free Hosting for Life.

Also Free means $0, no money. On your site you state "Price: $15 (Includes Domain)". What part of Free do you not understand? It is a very simple concept.

So really what you are offering is a domain for $15 and 1 year worth of hosting included in the price with the possibility of an extension.
    - Andreas Koepke

Koepke Photography

7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by a.koepke
    What the heck?

You state "Free Hosting For Life" yet your website says "Your contract is valid for one year, at which we will reevaluate our position to offer free hosting."

That means you have Free Hosting for 1 year with possible extension, NOT Free Hosting for Life.

Also Free means $0, no money. On your site you state "Price: $15 (Includes Domain)". What part of Free do you not understand? It is a very simple concept.

So really what you are offering is a domain for $15 and 1 year worth of hosting included in the price with the possibility of an extension.
    A few things to clear up. Firstly, you do not have to register a domain with us. If you choose to register with us, then the fee is $15 for a one year registration (on the domain). If you choose to transfer your domain it must be re-registered for a year (this helps ensure us of a few things; valid credit card and address, you will have a domain to host for at least a year and that you are not going to be using our hosting to spam people).

Secondly, the hosting is valid for one year at a time (with the purchase or renewal of a domain). You can renew after the year and still recieve the free hosting. As long as you own the domain, your hosting is FREE! If you register the domain for one year and decide to not renew the domain, but rather choose another domain to host, we will not honor the free hosting. The hosting is only valid on the domain you sign up with.

There is no scam to this at all. THis is called a "promotional offer" because it is limited to only 200 people, and after that it does not exist. To our current customers, this does not exist.

If you would like to nit pick at the words, then you will just be giving up on free hosting. Its for each individual to decide for themselves.

Have a Great Day!
  9. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

So either way to get the free hosting you have to pay $15.

I personally am not interested in the free hosting, I am just trying to clarify what you are offering. It is obvious by the first reply to this thread that I am not the only one wondering why free hosting would cost $15.

The main thing that attracted my attention was the "Free Hosting For Life" thread title. We have had quite a few people claim deals like that and then upon further investigation discover that the claim is too good to be true.
    - Andreas Koepke

Koepke Photography

11. No Profile Picture

Okay, let me try to explain it this way:

Domain <-- seperate from hosting. You may own a hundred domains and have no hosting for any of them....meaning your domain just sits around in cyberspace, unaccessable.

Hosting <-- space on the internet to upload files, accessable via IP address.

If you want free hosting you MUST have a domain (we dont' care how you purchased it), but it must be renewed either way in order for us to protect our clients from spammers and other dangerous people.

THe hosting is FREE and it is FREE for LIFE (as long as you renew your domain*)! However, to be eligable for the FREE hosting, you MUST have a valid domain, purchased with a valid credit card or paypal account, to ensure our safety, our clients safety, and others on the internet.

*please see all of our terms and agreements: www.infinityws.com/freespecial.php
  13. No Profile Picture
    tony
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

read what hes saying
    the hosting IS free
    the domain on the otherhand isnt

if you register a domain from someone else for less then you still have a year on it, so in theory you would still be entitled to the free hosting
    but you would renew your domain eventually anyway so its probably wrth doing, but as it happens i already have free hosting so i dont need this
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Its basicly $15 a year for good hosting + a domain which to me is a bloody good deal so stop the whining.
  17. No Profile Picture

Thank you both for showing that some people can understand what is in front of them without having to be so cynical.

I understand the skepticism, but this is not a company that has been around, nor intends on being around for 3 months.

We have been providing hosting since 2000. We have been offering Internet related services since 1995. We are not new at this and we do not plan on disappearing anytime soon. You will see us around for many years to come.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i dont have a top level domain. Can u make it so i can use my other domain. Its a free one from uni.cc.

Thanks
  21. No Profile Picture

What is the domain?
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

dead6re.uni.cc - It doesnt have a site but the uni.cc accepts nameservers so i can use ns1.<place> | ns2.<place>
  25. No Profile Picture

This is where we run into problems and request that you register or forward a domain. If you have a domain with another company and use our services we can not be assured of your intentions (more so than someone who registers a domain or transfers one).

Where are you located? And would you be interested in purchasing a new domain and forwarding your .cc domain to your new .com?
  27. No Profile Picture

This special is almost over. There are few spots available. Start your free hosting NOW!
  29. No Profile Picture

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo