August 30th, 2004, 09:09 PM
LiquidWeb: New Dedicated Plans, Free Remote Backup, Fully Managed Servers!
We are pleased to announce the overhauling of the dedicated section of the Liquid Web site! We have added a configurator to help you customize your new Liquid Web server, added new dedicated plans, updated and revised existing plans, and more. We highly suggest heading over to the dedicated section of our web site and have a look for yourself.
NEW! - Remote Backup Service
We are also pleased to announce a new Remote Backup service! Each new server order now comes with 50GB of Remote Backup space on one of our secure RAID backup servers, free of charge. All traffic runs over a seperate backup network, so it does not count against your bandwidth usage!
Webmaster Pentium 4 Series starting at $149/month!
- Intel P4 3.0 GHZ Hyper-Threaded
- 1GB RAM Standard
- IDE/SCSI/SATA RAID Available!
Professional Dual Xeon and Opterons Series starting at $224/month!
- Dual Xeon 2.66 and Dual Opteron 242s
- 2GB RAM Standard
- IDE/SCSI/SATA RAID Available!
Enterprise Dual Xeon and Opterons Series starting at $309/month!
- Dual Xeon 2.66 and Dual Opteron 242s
- 4GB RAM Standard
- SCSI Hardware RAID Standard!
All plans come with:
- 24/7/365 Phone and Helpdesk Support
- 24/7/365 Pro-Active Service Monitoring
- 99.9% Network Uptime Guarantee
- 2 Hour Hardware Replacement SLA
... and more!
The new Liquid Web Dedicated Server Web Site: http://www.liquidweb.com/dedicated/
The Liquid Web Advantage:
- Liquid Web's highly trained staff monitors your system services 24/7 to ensure service consistency and availability. If a problem is detected, our experienced and trained technicians get paged and incident response is nearly instantaneous, mitigating the impact of any service or hardware failure to the highest possible degree. As we own and operate our entire data center directly, we are able to respond quickly and efficiently to issues of any impact level. From simple software service failures to catastrophic hardware failures our on-site level 3 technicians are able to react without delay, 24 hours per day.
A large range of system software updates are handled for all clients. We update basic system software such as Apache and PHP upon request, perform security updates, as well as any other general system administration duties you may need. While a good working command line knowledge is useful, with Liquid Web, you may never need to log in through SSH again.
On average, our helpdesk tickets are answered in under 10 minutes, and our phones are answered in under 30 seconds.
Liquid Web Managed Support Definition
Proactive Security Updates and Security Notifications
- Vulnerability discovery, assessment and response can be a time
consuming process. Liquid Web handles this responsibility on your behalf through an optimized assessment and upgrade process which allows us to continually evaluate and respond to the security of our managed servers.
When a high-risk vulnerability is discovered, such as kernel or SSH vulnerability, we immediately patch your server as soon as an update is available, at no additional charge. If a vulnerability is discovered in a software package which may have a custom configuration or where an update could cause a conflict, we initiate contact with you immediately so you may advise us on to how you would like us to proceed.
Quite simply, we employ intelligent proactive security, ensuring your server is secure and functional to the highest level possible. This way you get all the benefits of proactive security, but don't have to worry about unwanted service disruptions. Of course, you can always opt out of the proactive upgrade process if you would like.
Intelligent Attack and TOS Resolution
- Liquid Web will never simply "pull the plug" on your server in response to a denial of service attack, TOS violation, or billing issue. We believe in communicating with clients, and will always be sure to contact you via phone or email before any major action is taken if it is at all avoidable. We know your server is your business and uptime is crucial which is why we are proud to offer you the personal care you deserve.
Liquid Web Datacenter
- Our multi-homed network is powered by premium tier-1 bandwidth featuring diverse fiber connectivity with Savvis/Cable &
Wireless and Verio. The implementation of premium tier-1 bandwidth ensures enhanced stability and superior performance in both throughput and latency. Coupled with BGP, network consistency is assured even in the event of a provider network outage or low level line failure. Power systems are reliable and robust featuring a large centralized UPS system and massive backup generator, providing our datacenter with continual power even in the event of extended total electrical blackout. Environmental systems keep ambient temperatures at a constant and actively remove foreign particulates from the air to ensure the best ventilation possible for all servers. All network traffic is monitored by an Intrusion Detection System to alert us to any nefarious activity at any network layer before it can impact service consistency. Datacenter entry is limited to technician staff and security monitored throughout our entire facility utilizing an array of CCTV cameras running 24/7.
Quite simply, our entire datacenter was engineered from the ground up for maximum performance, stability, and security.
More information about Liquid Web's Datacenter
Liquid Web Complete Service
- All of our servers come with your choice of Redhat Linux, Fedora, or FreeBSD. Cpanel servers include the powerful Fantastico Auto-Installer suite at no additional charge. We also provide MRTG graphs from the switch port so you can monitor your traffic performance and usage in near real time. When you receive your server, it is delivered to your specifications, with all of the latest software updates installed.Your system is truly "ready to go".
Liquid Web InitAdmin Service
We are happy to introduce the InitAdmin service which is now available free with all Fedora based Cpanel servers.
This initial setup service secure your server includes:
Installing MailScanner Anti-Virus
Rebuilding Apache with commonly used modules and PHP settings for optimum computability
Installing Zend Optimizer
Installing ImageMagick, PerlMagick, NetPBM
Installing a customized APF Firewall
DOS Protection for Apache
Securing temporary directories and shared memory locations
Spoof Protection and DOS hardening
Custom Liquid Web Stats to monitor load, RAM, disk usage, etc.
Just enter "InitAdmin" in the comment box on the sign-up form and this service will be included at no additional charge!
Liquid Web SLA: http://www.liquidweb.com/dedicated/sla/
Liquid Web TOS: http://www.liquidweb.com/tos/dedicated/
IP to ping: 188.8.131.52
Speed test: http://184.108.40.206/10mb.bin
This is the server which hosts the main www.liquidweb.com site.
If you have any questions about our services, please send me an email at email@example.com and I will be happy to help.