1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation [URGENT!] Need Heavy Resource File Host. [PAID]

Hello,
    We have been kicked out of our old Hosting company, because the stress we caused ont heir server was too great.

I am in URGENT need of a host that can host a Game Client Download File for me. It's 2 installer files each almost 2 GB in size.

These 2 files do get alot of hits!! It will stress your server.

Budget is nor a problem at this point in time, I just dont have the time to run over google and look. So I am hoping someone can help me here. Cheapest wins, ofcourse.
  3. No Profile Picture

I raged.
  5. No Profile Picture

Insane Hosting will take you.

Price - $8/month
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited Disk Space
    Unlimited Domains

We will not drop you, no matter how much you stress our servers.
    We have 8 cabinet Supercomputers = 1804 CPU's per cabinet.

Contact me on MSN Sticker94 @ live . com (without spaces)
    We can talk more in detail - I assured you we can handle whatever you can throw at us.

Our current highest bandwidth user: 214.7 GB
    Our current highest Disk Space user: 88,591.04 Gigabytes (85.1 TB)
  7. No Profile Picture

Search for hosting continues.

Warning to all: Do not go with Insane Hosting. False Advertisement, Huge rip off, No website, Bad quality hosting. Site went down 5 times in 5 days.

Please guys, this hosting is urgently needed.
  9. No Profile Picture

illegal usage

Your site went down because you were flagged over a dozen times with Spam. Your server 'flysis.net' used over 800GB of Bandwidth, 400MB of Disk Space and everything on your server ran smoothly. It is your own fault that you chose to abuse our Terms of Service, and even after so we asked that you quit using your Mail protocol to spam and send more than 100 emails per 5 minutes. You crossed International Regulations of Internet Usage, and you should be lucky that i did not report your Contact Information to the Universal Cyber Administration of the Justice Department. You were given everything you were offered. Support, unlimited stats, and even shortcuts to violating our Terms of Service. We told you how to unsuspend your account yourself, so you chose to use that information and continue to violate it. Your own fault, grow up kid.
    Last edited by sticker94; August 22nd, 2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typo
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sticker94
    Your site went down because you were flagged over a dozen times with Spam. Your server 'flysis.net' used over 800GB of Bandwidth, 400MB of Disk Space and everything on your server ran smoothly. It is your own fault that you chose to abuse our Terms of Service, and even after so we asked that you quit using your Mail protocol to spam and send more than 100 emails per 5 minutes. You crossed International Regulations of Internet Usage, and you should be lucky that i did not report your Contact Information to the Universal Cyber Administration of the Justice Department. You were given everything you were offered. Support, unlimited stats, and even shortcuts to violating our Terms of Service. We told you how to unsuspend your account yourself, so you chose to use that information and continue to violate it. Your own fault, grow up kid.
    You have shown me 0 proof, You have showsn me no Terms of Use, You dont even have a website.

The e-mails sent from the domain were e-mails from forums (Verification, Welcome and Subscription thread emails)

You are the single and only host that has been complaining about the forums, No other host has complained about that. The only thing they complained about was the bandwidth in use.

Client files downloads. They are useless, if the site gets flagged for "spam" every 15 minutes.

Our forums have been hosted with a new host, and havent been down since, have not been flagged for spam. Strange Hmm?

Please do report me, I'll look forward to the story that will unfold from that. I can also report you for "Stealing". You suspended my account and your quickly made up "3 days money back guarantee" was very lame, Your suppose to tell people stuff before they purchase. You told me: Nothing.
    You said everything would be fine, it did not end up that way.

Payments are done through "Donations" Not impressive at all, Maybe my own mistake for falling for your little scam. However, i wont make this mistake twice, and i will warn users before hosting forums with you.

do NOT HOST FORUMS WITH INSANE HOSTING!! They block you if your forum has e-mail features, I even got blocked for e-mail spam while the forums were spitting out Database Errors at random, at random times. You have some serious hosting issues. And these e-mails are STANDARD featurs of ANY forums: Verification mail, Welcome mail, Thread update mails (Once a day or once a week)

I expect a full refund or a partial 90% refund, for the few days hosted.

--------

For all others: I'm still looking for a place to host my downloads
    2 files of 1.7 GB, downloaded alot. Money not an issue. Please let me know!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You crossed International Regulations of Internet Usage, and you should be lucky that i did not report your Contact Information to the Universal Cyber Administration of the Justice Department.
    I'm not going to take sides here because I don't know the facts, but come on - "International Regulations of Internet Usage"? "Universal Cyber Administration of the Justice Department"? Anyone with even marginal experience in the web industry can see right through that BS. Making false threats is not a good business practice.

send more than 100 emails per 5 minutes
    @WopkeVries: As for this, even if you were sending (or generating) only 100 E-Mails per hour you should definitely include this detail when looking for hosting, otherwise you're just setting yourself up to get kicked off again. Most webhosts care a lot more about your volume of E-Mail traffic than they do about your disk space usage or your bandwidth usage. It's trivial to find "unlimited" disk space and bandwidth hosting, it's very very hard to find hosts that offer no restrictions on E-Mail sending though (especially US based hosts).

My advice: if you need to send a lot of E-Mails, use separate hosts for hosting your files, your website and your E-Mail. In fact, if you have a lot of E-Mails to send you're often best off finding a dedicated E-Mail marketing host rather than using a general purpose web host.

Comments on this post

• WopkeVries agrees : You seem to know what you are talking about, I appreciate this.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    I'm not going to take sides here because I don't know the facts, but come on - "International Regulations of Internet Usage"? "Universal Cyber Administration of the Justice Department"? Anyone with even marginal experience in the web industry can see right through that BS. Making false threats is not a good business practice.

@WopkeVries: As for this, even if you were sending (or generating) only 100 E-Mails per hour you should definitely include this detail when looking for hosting, otherwise you're just setting yourself up to get kicked off again. Most webhosts care a lot more about your volume of E-Mail traffic than they do about your disk space usage or your bandwidth usage. It's trivial to find "unlimited" disk space and bandwidth hosting, it's very very hard to find hosts that offer no restrictions on E-Mail sending though (especially US based hosts).

My advice: if you need to send a lot of E-Mails, use separate hosts for hosting your files, your website and your E-Mail. In fact, if you have a lot of E-Mails to send you're often best off finding a dedicated E-Mail marketing host rather than using a general purpose web host.
    I am sorry, I did not know our forums would grow so quickly, thus generating some e-mail traffic. However i Highly doubt it was anywhere near a 100 an hour. Host has shown me no proof of this ever happening either, I have to take his word for it. I even ended up disabling all e-mail features, and still getting locked.
    He is not US based hosting, btw. He's made this very clear to me several times.

The forums are already relocated to a host that didn't have a word to say about my e-mails. So in all honesty, im even doubting Insane Hosting there. According to my new host, we're nowhere near 100 an hour. We sent exactly: 35 e-mails the past 2 hours!

To add to that: Our flysis.net was a html page, with nothing that could even remotely TRIGGER an e-mail. Even after shutting down the forums, we still got locked.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by WopkeVries
    Host has shown me no proof of this ever happening either, I have to take his word for it.
    Well lets see, your hosting was going perfectly fine for about 3 days, and then you received a mass amount of new users, totaling over 100 in about an hour. You then asked me why the system automatically suspended the account, and i told you it was because of the Mass mail being sent from d-rivals.com. Not only that, but you argued that mass mail wasn't being sent, when i specifically pointed out the exact protocol, PHP file, and reference that was being used. Use common sense, and don't be an idiot, If you weren't sending more than 100 mail per hour your account would not have been suspended and there would not have been a problem. I told you where to download the logs on your Cpanel to view the amount of mail being sent, and ill even post a screenshot here if you would like.
  19. No Profile Picture

That wasn't a false threat, your welcome to review the terms yourself. www(DOT)justice(DOT)gov/spam.htm
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sticker94
    That wasn't a false threat, your welcome to review the terms yourself. www(DOT)justice(DOT)gov/spam.htm
    Holy ****. Your even more dumb than i thought. I laughed at you when i read that.

Hosting was a problem from day #1, we both know that.
    You told me to look at the logs, Correct, But those said nothing about e-mails, Try it yourself.

Like i said: First: You show me no proof.
    2nd: Your server isnt in USA
    3rd: No law was broken, it wasnt UNSOLICITED MAIL. it was SOLICITED mail.

Sorry... but... Enough of it.
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by WopkeVries
    Holy ****. Your even more dumb than i thought. I laughed at you when i read that.

Hosting was a problem from day #1, we both know that.
    You told me to look at the logs, Correct, But those said nothing about e-mails, Try it yourself.

Like i said: First: You show me no proof.
    2nd: Your server isnt in USA
    3rd: No law was broken, it wasnt UNSOLICITED MAIL. it was SOLICITED mail.

Sorry... but... Enough of it.
    Why don't you lookup the definition of Solicited, and unsolicited.
    The server you were on is in the USA, you agreed to the TOS upon donation. The donation page i sent you to, had a message that said you abide by the privacy policy, TOS, and agreement by donating. The law was broken, or your account would still be intact, and there wouldn't have been a problem. Your a drama queen, grow up, get a life.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

then you received a mass amount of new users, totaling over 100 in about an hour
    Welcome E-Mails for account registration are *normally* neither fraudulent nor unsolicited. The Justice Department only cares about fraudulent E-Mails, and the FTC only cares about unsolicited E-Mails, so I stand by my original assertion.

The donation page i sent you to, had a message that said you abide by the privacy policy, TOS, and agreement by donating. The law was broken, or your account would still be intact, and there wouldn't have been a problem.
    Violating a TOS / privacy policy / any other agreement or contract is not itself a criminal act. The Justice Department would not care and would not pursue the matter. It could be a violation of contract law, but you would need to file a claim in civil court and prove it (yourself) before a judge to recover damages.

Like I said, I don't know the full facts and don't really want to, so I'm not taking sides. But, it's really not worth arguing over an $8/mo hosting account. My final advice on the matter, which actually never really involved me to begin with, is to just move on.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  27. They're coming to take me away

My final advice on the matter, which actually never really involved me to begin with, is to just move on.
    Agreed. Thread closed.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo