#1
  1. Killkenny
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    20

    VPS service required


    Hi,

    I require a Linux Based Virtual Private Server service with the following features:

    # 3000 Mb Storage
    # 120 Gb Transfer
    # Unlimited Websites
    # Dedicated IP
    # Root Access
    # An "HSP like" control panel
    # Apache Web Server
    # AWStats 6.0
    # Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts
    # "Catch All" Email Address
    # SMTP Outgoing Server for sending email
    # Web Based Email- Open WebMail 2.21
    # Autoresponders
    # Email Forwarding
    # Unlimited Mailing Lists- Majordomo 1.94.5
    # Email Manager
    # Spam filter
    # Postini SPAM/Virus Email Filtering
    # Unlimited Websites Per Account
    # Free Domain Transfer
    # Domain Pointing (URL Forwarding)
    # Sub Domains (info.yourdomain.com)
    # Domain Parking
    # SSH Access
    # Access to Raw Log Files
    # CGI Bin
    # Unlimited MySQL Databases
    # MySQL Administration Tool- phpMyAdmin 2.5.5
    # Add MIME Types Tool
    # PHP 4.3.2 with Zend Optimizer 2.1.0b
    # Perl 5.8.0
    # SSI (Server Side Includes)
    # CRON Management Tools
    # ProFTP server 1.2.9
    # Server Side DNS Changes

    All the programs I have listed above (e.g. Postini) are programs I have worked with before. If you have an alternative that does the same job, that's fine with me.

    I also require a 24 hour a day chat. This is very important to me, as I live in South Africa and if something goes wrong I cannot wait for the US to come alive again before my problem gets sorted.

    I am also very happy going with a UK company, so long as the pricing is not prohibitive.

    And that's about it... I am willing to pay $40 - $50 for this service.

    Up-time is a MAJOR factor for me. The reason I am leaving my current host is that they have been down for 8 hours in the past two days. I simply cannot have that kind of downtime.

    Any responses are appreciated!

    Kenneth
  2. #2
  3. www.2UK2.com
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    10
    He requested a VPS - you offered a reseller?
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Linux+ Certified
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    11
    Originally Posted by 2UK2
    He requested a VPS - you offered a reseller?
    Rofl, my bad..
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi,

    This is what Gabbix Solutions can offer you:

    Virtual Private Server 1
    192 MB RAM
    6 GB HD
    100 GB BW
    cPanel

    Monthly Price: $34.99

    Payment method: Paypal and Credit Card (processed by 2checkout.com)

    Discounts: 3 months sign up - 4%
    6 months sign up - 6%
    12 months sign up - 10%

    In case you were interested do not hesitate to contact us at sales@gabbix.com

    Thanks,

    Daniel Basilio
    Gabbix Solutions Owner
    http://www.gabbix.com
  8. #5
  9. Killkenny
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    20
    Hi Daniel,

    When I try to check the details on your site, FireFox comes up with the following security concerns:

    - Your browser does not recognise the Certificate Authority that issued the site's certificate.
    - The site's certificate is incomplete due to a server misconfiguration
    - You are connecting to a site pretending to be secure.gabbix.com, possibly to obtain your confidential information.

    I'm afraid that I cannot move to a host who has configuration errors on their own site. I wonder how my server would be.

    Thank you anyway for responding to my request.

    Kenneth Jones
    Last edited by Kenneth Jones; April 7th, 2005 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling
  10. #6
  11. Killkenny
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    20
    I do not have a problem with a reseller account if it does the same job for the same money... Please could you send me the details again so I might review my options.

    Thanks you.

    Kenneth
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Kenneth Jones
    Hi Daniel,

    When I try to check the details on your site, FireFox comes up with the following security concerns:

    - Your browser does not recognise the Certificate Authority that issued the site's certificate.
    - The site's certificate is incomplete due to a server misconfiguration
    - You are connecting to a site pretending to be secure.gabbix.com, possibly to obtain your confidential information.

    I'm afraid that I cannot move to a host who has configuration errors on their own site. I wonder how my server would be.

    Thank you anyway for responding to my request.

    Kenneth Jones
    Hi,

    I don't really know what you're talking about, I just tested the site with FireFox and it works just fine.

    Thanks,

    Daniel Basilio
    Gabbix Solutions Owner
    http://www.gabbix.com
    Toll free: +1-888-387-7140
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    12
    Originally Posted by GabbixSolutions
    I don't really know what you're talking about, I just tested the site with FireFox and it works just fine.

    i think he's talking about the SSL cert and i'm guessing because it's self-issued it's giving the error.
    It would seem to be the equivalent error to IE's "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority".
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by bs7
    i think he's talking about the SSL cert and i'm guessing because it's self-issued it's giving the error.
    It would seem to be the equivalent error to IE's "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority".
    Hi,

    Gabbix Solutions uses a known-by-the-browser SSL certificate.

    Thank you,

    Daniel Basilio
    Gabbix Solutions Owner
    http://www.gabbix.com
    Toll free: +1-888-387-7140
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    11
    Originally Posted by GabbixSolutions
    Hi,

    Gabbix Solutions uses a known-by-the-browser SSL certificate.
    I took a look at the order form, this is true. Anyway, I think this thread should get back on topic.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo