1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need Webhost with up to date PHP, Python, MySQL, SSL access

I am looking for a better Host to migrate my website to. My issues with the current old host is they don't keep their servers updated and wont' update I need a host that keeps to the latest PHP, Python, etc. My current host is still using php 5.2.x which is a now a unsupported version of PHP and I've asked server if they could update and they would not could not because supposedly it would affect other users. I'm sick and tired of having to use legacy dated programming technologies and scripting more out from scratch that prevents me from focusing on what I am really trying to code.

Things I will need access to in addition to the technologies at the bottom. Access to the .htaccess and make such files in sub-folders to set environment settings based on what the particular project requires.

Technologies List:
    PHP(5.4.x Preferred, but 5.3.x or later required), Python(Required), Ruby on Rails(A plus), C#.net(A plus)
    Database Technologies I work with: MySQL regularly kept up to date(Required), MSSQL(a plus), Perl(a plus)

SSL access Required.

Other technologies supported. I would like to be able to include video demos support for that would also be a plus.
    If my post answered your question please give rep.
  3. Contributing User

Hi there,

Our cPanel servers in the UK support an up to date PHP (5.4) as well as some of the other pluses you've mentioned. I understand where hosts come from when sticking with PHP 5.2 (we have to on one of our servers for the exact same reason), but we also have a separate, new server for 5.4

So, we can support:

• PHP 5.4
    • Python
    • Ruby on Rails (Passenger) - it takes a bit of manual configuration but we can get this working for you
    • MySQL up to date with cPanel stable
    • Perl
    • Shell (if required)
    • SSL fine, but an extra 1.99/m for the IP address

Let us know what you require in terms of video support - do you need to transcode or anything?

This is available from 23.88/year but that all depends on your disk space and data transfer requirements. Full details are on our web hosting pages.

Thanks.
  5. Contributing User

We can offer best configuration, support and money back guarantee.
    Check at www.euro-space.net
    Reliable UK web hosting from 1.99 /mo.
    Reseller hosting from 9.99 /mo.
    VPS hosting from 7.99 /mo.
    24x7 Professional Support & 15-Day Money Back Guarantee!

EURO-SPACE - Reliable Hosting Solutions Since 2007
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Include Your budget, current hosting plan (VPS, reseller, shared, Dedi). U can also PM me if U wish. Thank you
    Last edited by postcd; April 10th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    $0.5 Hosting on cPanel
    $4 VPS; $30 Dedi
    InstantcPanelHosting.com
  9. No Profile Picture

Do you still need hosting?
    If so check us at mrhoste[.]com , we have all that you need.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo