1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need VPS for Ragnarok server

Gotta love being able to ask for help on here.. I've needed it countless times now. Thank you DevShed

Anyway, onto the point. I am looking to open a Ragnarok Online server. Ragnarok is about 2GB in space and uses very little bandwidth. I ran a server before that used 50MB of bandwidth in a month for about 20 members playing quite a bit. I can set it up with just an FTP account and Shell access. So I don't have many requirements. Besides the data files, only 3 things are needed to run the server. login-server, char-server, and map-server. It does not take up many system resources either. The "emulator" I would use to run this server would be eAthena.

I would need pretty much the following:
    2GB Space
    25GB Transfer
    10mbit connection? (Not of big concern..)
    Shell Access
    FTP Access

I am looking to spend ABOUT $40 if possible, please post anyway so I can see what options I have. I may be willing to spend more depending on what you offer.

If you have any questions regarding what I am asking for, please feel free to e-mail or IM me (I will be avalibe for IM after 4:00PM Eastern time)

jason@evolution-anime.net
    MSN: sokatro@evolution-anime.net
    AIM: x Sokatro x

Thanks,
    Jason M. W.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Hikami
    Gotta love being able to ask for help on here.. I've needed it countless times now. Thank you DevShed

Anyway, onto the point. I am looking to open a Ragnarok Online server. Ragnarok is about 2GB in space and uses very little bandwidth. I ran a server before that used 50MB of bandwidth in a month for about 20 members playing quite a bit. I can set it up with just an FTP account and Shell access. So I don't have many requirements. Besides the data files, only 3 things are needed to run the server. login-server, char-server, and map-server. It does not take up many system resources either. The "emulator" I would use to run this server would be eAthena.

I would need pretty much the following:
    2GB Space
    25GB Transfer
    10mbit connection? (Not of big concern..)
    Shell Access
    FTP Access

I am looking to spend ABOUT $40 if possible, please post anyway so I can see what options I have. I may be willing to spend more depending on what you offer.

If you have any questions regarding what I am asking for, please feel free to e-mail or IM me (I will be avalibe for IM after 4:00PM Eastern time)

jason@evolution-anime.net
    MSN: sokatro@evolution-anime.net
    AIM: x Sokatro x

Thanks,
    Jason M. W.
    hello Jason,

I would like to discuss this more with you to make certain I'm clear. The offer we have is as follows:

4GB Space
    30GB Transfer
    10mbit
    Shell Access (with deposit)
    FTP Access
    access to cron
    MySQL/PHP

$30/mo

Thanks,
    Eddie
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am not sure if you are open to doing this on shared but I will give you a quote on shared and VPS so you can decide.

Shared
    AD1
    2.5 Gig Storage
    40 Gig Transfer
    $6.00/month
    $60.00/year

VPS
    WinVPS1
    * 5 Gigs Storage
    * 120 Gigs Monthly Transfer
    * Plesk 7.5 For Windows
    * Windows 2003 Standard Edition
    * Monthly $29.00 Setup $5.00 REG $10.00
    * Yearly $290.00 Free Setup 2 Months Free

Linux VPS 1
    * 6 Gigs Storage
    * 75 Gigs Monthly Transfer
    * Cpanel
    * Fantastico
    * Monthly $38.00 Setup $10.00
    * Yearly $380.00 Free Setup

If you are interested in either of these you can have a look at our site. http://kaveyhosting.com or email me directly at sales@kaveyhosting.com or contact us through the contact page on our site. Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo