So heres the run down of what i'm doing:-
I am co-developer of a online game that is in its infancy stage, so for now we just need a forum (phpbb3) to jot down the concepts and ramblings as we go ( 10 users max atm ) however the mysql database that phpbb3 uses will be modified to hold character details etc from the game backed up every 10 mins or so (handled by a server that is currently on my own box) so i need remote access to update the fields on the mysql db. as we are just starting on this project cashflow is short as its only a part time hobby atm, however once the game is up and running we plan to move to paid hosting and maybe server hosting (win).

TLDR:
my quest is to find free webhosting with either remote mysql access or allows freemysql.net (or some such) connections

however I'm beginning to think this is impossible, I understand the free hosts and remote mysql doesn't exist any more but surely there's a free host out there that allows using a mysql server other than localhost

thanks in advance for any advice on getting the db up and running.

Regards
Triadian.

P.s i found that 0000free allows freemysql.net access however they dont accept emails from gmail etc so there out too. is there another one like them anywhere ?