1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web browser game host needed

Hello,

Currently i am looking for a sponsor for a private server of Travian, using the TravianX script.

A bit about travian.
    Travian is one of the most popular web based browser games in the world with over 10 million players world wide.
    TravianX is the private server script for this game with a following of about 1-2million followers world wide.
    To start you are a cheif of a small village to expand and train troops to dominate the world.

What i ask for.
    Im after being able to run to start of with 1-2 servers using the TravianX script with access of being able to have 150-300 people on each server at any one time with high speeds, with the chance to increase due to demand.

What i offer.
    I am offering advatising to your hosting sites on my donations page.
    I am also willing to offer 15% of all donations (negotiable).

The information
    When i was hosting the server off my own computer i had 153 players registered and active with 20-25 players online at any one time.
    I had to take the server off my own computer as my computer was not able to deal with the masive amount of data transfer.
    The server i am currently running has only been up for 24 hours and already has 29 registered players but due to the restrictions only 7-10 people active at any one time.
    On a TravianX server the donation numbers work out at:
    5% of payers become regular high donators.
    10-15% of players become unregular low donators.
    So with 2 servers running at maximum capasity that will be 30 players being regular donators and 90 players being unregular donators
    With in 1 month of me running the server onmy own computer i have made 33 equivilent to $52.42 (if you require the spreadsheet i will be happy to supply it so you can check it out).

Many Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by freedom100
    Hello,

Currently i am looking for a sponsor for a private server of Travian, using the TravianX script.

A bit about travian.
    Travian is one of the most popular web based browser games in the world with over 10 million players world wide.
    TravianX is the private server script for this game with a following of about 1-2million followers world wide.
    To start you are a cheif of a small village to expand and train troops to dominate the world.

What i ask for.
    Im after being able to run to start of with 1-2 servers using the TravianX script with access of being able to have 150-300 people on each server at any one time with high speeds, with the chance to increase due to demand.

What i offer.
    I am offering advatising to your hosting sites on my donations page.
    I am also willing to offer 15% of all donations (negotiable).

The information
    When i was hosting the server off my own computer i had 153 players registered and active with 20-25 players online at any one time.
    I had to take the server off my own computer as my computer was not able to deal with the masive amount of data transfer.
    The server i am currently running has only been up for 24 hours and already has 29 registered players but due to the restrictions only 7-10 people active at any one time.
    On a TravianX server the donation numbers work out at:
    5% of payers become regular high donators.
    10-15% of players become unregular low donators.
    So with 2 servers running at maximum capasity that will be 30 players being regular donators and 90 players being unregular donators
    With in 1 month of me running the server onmy own computer i have made 33 equivilent to $52.42 (if you require the spreadsheet i will be happy to supply it so you can check it out).

Many Thanks
    you still looking for some hosting mate?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by datechnoman
    you still looking for some hosting mate?
    yeah i am, i have just lost my server due to the traffic amount on a hosting

apparently the server was to popular that it overloaded the shared server and caused problems for other users

the email i recived after enquiring about the issue

Hi Gareth

Thanks for your ticket.

I have just been in touch with the data centre who have explained that your
    website appears to have created some issues for other users on the same
    server due to excessive cpu and had to disable your site.

This is common practice to do so when one website may crash the server which
    will cause downtime for all two thousand websites hosted on it.

I have requested full information from the datacentre regarding the cpu
    issue and will let you know more as soon as I get it.

But to be honest with you, your website is too successful to be run from a
    shared server. Even a vps may struggle, I recommend a dedicated server.

But I will let you know as soon as we have got all the details.

Best wishes

i had over 500 registered people of which 300 were active and had between 30-50 people online at any one time
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by freedom100
    yeah i am, i have just lost my server due to the traffic amount on a hosting

apparently the server was to popular that it overloaded the shared server and caused problems for other users

the email i recived after enquiring about the issue

Hi Gareth

Thanks for your ticket.

I have just been in touch with the data centre who have explained that your
    website appears to have created some issues for other users on the same
    server due to excessive cpu and had to disable your site.

This is common practice to do so when one website may crash the server which
    will cause downtime for all two thousand websites hosted on it.

I have requested full information from the datacentre regarding the cpu
    issue and will let you know more as soon as I get it.

But to be honest with you, your website is too successful to be run from a
    shared server. Even a vps may struggle, I recommend a dedicated server.

But I will let you know as soon as we have got all the details.

Best wishes

i had over 500 registered people of which 300 were active and had between 30-50 people online at any one time
    can you please give me your email address so we can talk and make a deal. I currently have dedicated servers that can easily handle the load that you are requiring with unlimited bandwidth. Thanks
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by datechnoman
    can you please give me your email address so we can talk and make a deal. I currently have dedicated servers that can easily handle the load that you are requiring with unlimited bandwidth. Thanks
    yeah my email is gareth-britton[at]sky[dot]com or you can add me to skype gareth.robert.britton

sorry about the way i put my email unfortunatly i dont seem to have enough privilages to add emails

thankyou in advance
  11. No Profile Picture

sent you an email mate. Hope to talk soon

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo