1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for a web host for development work.

My current web host no longer meets my needs, they were purchased and I'm not fond of some new policies. I require:

* CentOS v6 (64) or CentOS v7. - this is important, my target is Red Hat Enterprise of the same versions.
    * Root access
    * FTP (terminal, not "control panel")
    *I will be installing a LAMP stack with some custom configurations, I will be installing my own RPMs - I don't need any software resources from the host other than the OS installed on the server.

I develop web-based applications for aerospace. Naturally, I do so on my own server at home, but of course clients need to see them in action.

I also my store and serve my extensive collection of funny cat pictures from this box.

It can be a dedicated server or shared, but I'm not interested in "cloud", although really I don't care how they spin it up at their end as long as it "looks" like a stand-alone CentOS install at my end.. It will be used for development testing so bandwidth is not much of an issue.

I would prefer a help desk that can engage in intelligent troubleshooting, though I don't expect to need it, I just don't want to be treated like a total idiot.

Naturally, I want a good price...

Your recommendations would be much appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What's your budget like?

Also any location preference?
    bodHOST.com : | Knowledge-Base |
    Live Chat | Ph: 866-662-0909 | Email:sales@bodhost.com|
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would suggest you to go with scopehosts.com hosting provider, They do provide SSD hosting services, Have a look on the website
    and select your preferred hosting plans.
    || Scopehosts.com- providing stable and Reliable hosting service since 2008
    || SSD Web hosting|| Unmanaged KVM VPS || Unmetered Dedicated servers || Exclusive Web Hosting Offers
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So it seems like you are just looking for a clean OS. Most of the providers will do that. Check the hosting directory TWHDIR.
    You will be able to compare 150+ companies and check 1100+ vps plans globally. You can select the resources you require and the budget and it will display all the matching all results.
    You can also compare plans from different providers and check their reviews before selecting any one.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would suggest you to go with cloud hosting platform because its fast and secure and easy scalable cloud platform like AWS , DO , Linode and if you face difficult to manage
    this hosting server then let's go with manage hosting platform like Cloudways OR Forge
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

AWS is times more expensive than any average cloud infrastructure provider. They overcharge for data transfer compared to most Cloud Haas providers. They also charge for technical support, while at the same time it is included it most other cloud services.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  13. No Profile Picture
    some internet guy

holy thread necro, batman!
    Sharktech DDOS Protected Dedicated Servers - available in Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, and Amsterdam.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Arty Zifferelli
    My current web host no longer meets my needs, they were purchased and I'm not fond of some new policies. I require:

* CentOS v6 (64) or CentOS v7. - this is important, my target is Red Hat Enterprise of the same versions.
    * Root access
    * FTP (terminal, not "control panel")
    *I will be installing a LAMP stack with some custom configurations, I will be installing my own RPMs - I don't need any software resources from the host other than the OS installed on the server.

I develop web-based applications for aerospace. Naturally, I do so on my own server at home, but of course clients need to see them in action.

I also my store and serve my extensive collection of funny cat pictures from this box.

It can be a dedicated server or shared, but I'm not interested in "cloud", although really I don't care how they spin it up at their end as long as it "looks" like a stand-alone CentOS install at my end.. It will be used for development testing so bandwidth is not much of an issue.

I would prefer a help desk that can engage in intelligent troubleshooting, though I don't expect to need it, I just don't want to be treated like a total idiot.

Naturally, I want a good price...

Your recommendations would be much appreciated.

Yeah, all of this possible from as low as EUR 7.99 /month, with monthly payments, highest security, any Linux OS distribution, up to 99.99% network uptime and full money back guarantee!

Live chat and professional support available 24x7, so you can try risk free. Check our VPS packages with full root access @ www.euro-space.net/vps-hosting
    Reliable UK web hosting from 2.99 /mo.
    Reseller hosting from 9.99 /mo.
    European VPS hosting from 7.99 /mo.
    24x7 Professional Support & 15-Day Money Back Guarantee!

Our customer reviews at Trustpilot

EURO-SPACE - Reliable Hosting Solutions Since 2007

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo