Thread: Hosting ...

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hosting ...

Hi all, I'm starting my hosting company, tell me what you think !!
    all comments/critics/good/bad welcomed
    http://www.qolink.com

QoLink Systems !!
  3. No Profile Picture

Looks good to me
  5. No Profile Picture
    Member Royalé

I entertained the idea of doing that for awhile, but it takes an incredible amount of time, energy and money to be successful. Not to mention intense competition. The initial investment has to be astronomical, after all, highspeed redundant lines and server farms don't grow on trees . I would try to talk to some people in the biz before you jump in, maybe even see if you can visit some local isps to see what goes on behind the scenes.

If you know what you are getting into, and can get the creditline or private financial backing, go for it, and good luck!
  7. Contributing User

I am doing the same thing as you, I am starting a hosting company (more like creating a new division at my Web development/internet solutions company).

I have a piece of advise for you, unless your are going to invest millions of dollars you shouldn't buy your own lines. Simply place your webserver(s) at another good ISP, so you will have a good connection at a nice price.

I can rent you a server (the hardware and a double T1 connection) and if you want to I can install all neccesary software (for a fee of course, but I can simple install linux on it with a ssh or telnet connection so you can install the rest yourself. This won't take me long and will be cheap).

That will be a perfect start for your business. I don't know the exact price of the server and the installalation of the neccesary software yet but I'll let you know if you are interested.

If you want to I can help you with a couple of other things, please email me if you are interested (fwaard@crystallizes.com).

Bizzk
  9. Contributing User

If you are interested in renting a server with bandwith or just renting the bandwith you should contact the guy that provides mine. All my hosting services are located at one of his servers (double T1, so thats about 3 mb bandwith a second).

You can contact him using e-mail (jeremy@noplace.com) or visit his site noplace.com. He can provide you in a server and bandwith. I can install all necesarry software for you (like red hat linux with apache php and mysql) and I can also just put an OS on it with an SSH so you will be able to do it yourself.

Just tell Jeremy that you were referred to him by Filip de Waard.

Good luck, Bizzk
  11. No Profile Picture

those are some nice advices j/k

Before going into webhosting, also consirder about server administration or not think at all and eventually learn it yourself. Server administration is a whole other story. Then you got to get a control panel, if you're a programmer, you're lucky cause you can write one , else you're screwed if you can't find anyone else to do it for you.

There are a lot of "reseller" programs out there including mine ( Ares Network ) Just point and click, you don't have to worry about any server administration, network, billing and focus on what you do best.

I know a guy started like that with alabanza then eventually he had enough customers to move out to his own server at alabanza.

There are a lot of ways to break in the web hosting industry.
    It's going up from 17 Billion last year to 47 billion. Don't let the competition scare you. It takes a lot of work,

good luck , i really mean it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo