1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

bah, i need a host BAD

ok, i work at a site called FFS, and we need a upgrade to a paid host (currently useing GSN), and these are what the webmaster said he needed

=========================================

Here's what we need: (all must be included in a hosting plan and if it can be added to the plan, it's gotta stay under $25/month, preferably under $20/month)

Cost: Under $25/month, preferably under $20

Space: Over 400 Megs

Bandwidth: Preferably unlimited.... FFS uses a lot of bandwidth.

Data Transfer: Unlimited

Setup Fee: None if possible, up to $40-50 if necessary.

CGI

Perl 5

PHP 4

MySQL database access (MySQL 2001)

Email options don't matter as we use everyone.net for that, don't pay any attention to what they offer as far as email goes.

FTP access

SSI

Preferably the plan should include a control panel.

Preferably a 99.5% uptime guarantee.

Domain forwarding/parking (to let ffshrine.net and ffshrine.org lead to the stuff on ffshrine.com)

Reseller options a plus (where you can buy another account at a discounted price to host someone)

Mailing lists a DEFINITE plus, but again not 100% necessary

Password-protected directories a DEFINITE plus as well as we'll be starting production of FFS Version 3.0

Form handling necessary. (for staff application form, etc)

Any other options available a definite plus.

=========================================
    thanks alot people
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

All you required can be fullfilled by most of the host (good host with good reputation) by around $25/mo except unlimited bandwidth & transfer.

Quoted from VDI (Virtual Developement Inc)

Q: Why should I pay for your prices for bandwidth, when I can get unlimited bandwidth for the same price.
    A: The old saying "you pay for what you get" definitely applies! If we placed 500 clients on a T1 and let everyone fight it out, how quickly do you think your pages will load? Pretty slow right? VDI has plenty of bandwidth. We break down the network into segments. If for some reason another client is using extreme bandwidth, it will not effect your segment. The cost of bandwidth allows us to purchase more T3 lines and Oc3 lines to accommodate your traffic loads.

If you go for a host promise unlimited bandwidth, you will find that they have certain rules that mentioned when you exist their % of CPU usage they will ask you to pay ect $$$$.

Good Luck!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo