Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What Webhosting is the best for me?

Hey guys I was wondering which host should I go with?

I basically need a small website to get started for blogging and storing some family pictures and stuff.

I searched the web and came across hostgator?

Are they any good?

Thanks for any help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you are newbie and starting a website first time, then you may need to contact the hosting support often for the technical support. Hence, you should choose a web host that provide 24/7 live chat support so that you can solve your problems faster.

In most cases, you can find a reliable hosting at $3 to $4. Do not go for unlimited hosting, they may be overselling the hosting. you may find a slow response to your website.
  5. Contributing User

I think you should go for personal hosting with shared plan which should meet your requirement at the most.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Not only do you want to have a fast and reliable tech support team that is available 24/7, but you also would want US based!

When you say "...storing some family pictures and stuff." are you referring to using the space as backup for your files? If so, make sure that the hosting company you go with allows for that. Like webhostingdir has said, don't go with unlimited hosting offers. Most will be overselling their stuff, which most likely means they will not allow you to use your hosting account as storage.

For blogging, I would first suggest to use Wordpress. It is very nice, you can change the themes very easily. This program is very popular so you will find many forums and blogs about it and how to use it and modify it.

Any other questions?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

I have heard good words for Hostgator, so you could try them.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hello..
    Hostgator is good too. For another comparison you can check with seekdotnet.com , they are also good in shared hosting or blog hosting.
  13. No Profile Picture

Well yes, Hostgator has good reviews but they are overselling too by offering unlimited packages. So, is it still a good choice or not?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Actually, they are not unlimited. Their unlimited plans have certain hidden limits. I am listing some of them below

- Limited number of processes running under your user accounts. More domains will fork more processes. Current limit is, I think 25 processes
    - Limit on number of inodes. They generally allocated 250000 inodes per account. Hence, you can not use more disk space.

Hence, be aware before choosing the unlimited hosting.
  17. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

If you have to sell with "hiden limits" then in my opinion thats pretty unreputable.

To pick a Host, and even a package you have to figure out what your needs are pretty specificly. The blog will take up hardly an resources but family pictures could be 10mb to 100GB depending on the amount...

Remember, you get what you pay for.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  19. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well, any average web hosting company can provide hosting for WordPress blog. However I would suggest you to speak to some provider and to try to figure out whois willing to help you on hosting account configuration, WordPress set up and maintenance and etc. There are some very nice galleries, to be used with WP.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would recommend you have a look at http://just199.com/v2/
    They have the smallest package as low as $1.99 per month and you allowed to build your own package to grab your own account

Use coupon code 1fm and you will have first month with them absolutely free of charge

Good luck
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by webhostingdir
    Hence, you should choose a web host that provide 24/7 live chat support so that you can solve your problems faster.
    I don't think this is always correct. The support should be 24/7, but need not be live chat support. Efficient ticket support will do it for you.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, I agree with you. There are several companies our there which do not provide live chat technical support 24/7 but they do reply the help desk emails within 30 minutes in most cases. HostNine, AccuWebHosting are such companies.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I а to choose paid hosting for the purpose you have, I would rather choose serverpoint.com. Good service, affordable price and stability.

But isn't there a point in getting a free account?
  29. No Profile Picture

I recommend ASmallOrange. Their plans are cheap and their support and speed are great.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo