1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

WebHostingPad Reviews?

Hello everyone,

I just started getting into web development and I am in the process of learning HTML5 and CSS. For my first site, I would like to make a personal page to host my resume, current projects etc. as well as providing a sandbox for testing scripts and layouts.

So, having a 99.99999% uptime and 24/7 customer support is not really imperative to me. While looking around at all the hosts, the cheapest I can find is WebHostingPad. However, when doing some further research on the company, I have seen some pretty bad reviews as well as them trying to rig a great number of the "Best Host" sites. Has anyone had any experience with their hosting, or could recommend a better alternative for me?

Cheers,
    ShinyHydra
  3. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Just a few pointers, You dont want to go with a "unlimited" host. You don't truly get "unlimited", you get what they want to give you for $2 and then force you to upgrade.

Taken directly from Webhostingpad's Terms of Service

Server Resources

Any Web site that uses a high amount of server resources (such as, but not limited to, CPU time, memory usage, and network resources) will be given the option to reduce the resources used to an acceptable level, or upgrade its service to a VPS plan. WebHostingPad will be the sole arbiter of what is considered to be a high server usage level.
    Always read the webhosts terms of service, you will see quotes like this in any "unlimited" host or any host offering stupid amounts of resources for next to nothing price.

Try to stay away from all those "Best Hosts" sites, 99% of them the company pays to be in the top. Use forums like this one and Webhostingtalk.com to get true reviews and opinions and to talk directly with Webhost owners.

In the webhosting industry, you get what you pay for. That rolex might be only $50, but it wont be real.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ShinyHydra
    Hello everyone,

I just started getting into web development and I am in the process of learning HTML5 and CSS. For my first site, I would like to make a personal page to host my resume, current projects etc. as well as providing a sandbox for testing scripts and layouts.

So, having a 99.99999% uptime and 24/7 customer support is not really imperative to me. While looking around at all the hosts, the cheapest I can find is WebHostingPad. However, when doing some further research on the company, I have seen some pretty bad reviews as well as them trying to rig a great number of the "Best Host" sites. Has anyone had any experience with their hosting, or could recommend a better alternative for me?

Cheers,
    ShinyHydra
    You can check review of top ten web hosting service providers at website like http://aplis.net/ ,etc.
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the quick response guys, I'll definitely do some more research on the forums you posted. Can you make any recommendations for sites that will host less than a gig and have minimal transfer rates as well?

ShinyHydra
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ShinyHydra
    Thanks for the quick response guys, I'll definitely do some more research on the forums you posted. Can you make any recommendations for sites that will host less than a gig and have minimal transfer rates as well?

ShinyHydra
    You can give IXWebHosting a try.
  11. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

We would be glad to host you.

Our basic Bronze package should be fine for you.

Basic Bronze $6.95
    • 1000Mb Diskspace
    • 40GB Bandwidth
    • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    • cPanel / Fantastico
    • Unlimited MySQL Databases

All our packages include a free .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info domain name.
  13. No Profile Picture

webhostingpad.com is SCAM

webhostingpad.com is scam , DON'T EVEN THINK TO GET INVOLVED WITH THEM

i purchased unlimited package from them for a year , and when my website started to increasing visitors they suspended my account , and they told me that i violate their service ? how come when they say it's unlimited package ?????

i requested to have my money back , guess what they said ?
    they said they will NOT give my money back because i violate their service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the violate did i make ? because visitors increasing with unlimited package ? so how come they call it unlimited ???
  15. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Any provider that is oversold or offers an "unlimited" package will do this. There is always an invisible line, always read terms of service completely.

Edit:
    Didn't relise I already quoted their terms of service in a previous post. Point proven.
    Last edited by brianbak; February 26th, 2010 at 04:22 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Webhostingpad.com is the worst web host scam in the world… Two years ago, I made the mistake of signing up with Webhostingpad.com for two years of hosting. Three months later, I cancelled my account with Webhostingpad.com (lost all of my money I paid for two years)… and I went to a much better web host. Then, I just discovered Webhostingpad.com illegally billed my credit card again for another two years without my permission. I emailed them about this, and they responded in their typical fashion- rude and ugly. I reported this fraud to my credit card company and had the charge removed. I have filed a complaint against Webhostingpad.com with the IC3 and the FBI. I also filed a report with the Secret Service, and am working on a report with the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. Avoid Webhostingpad.com at all costs, sleazy scam.
  19. No Profile Picture

they promote unlimited host

so this is clean and simple that they are doing all for money and misguiding people

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo