1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Effect of Server Location on Website Performance

Hello guys,

Can somebody tell me how much the server location matters. Currently I am living in Pakistan, so which servers would suit me the most. Also can anybody suggest a good linux reseller hosting company? I am currently using american servers and am not satisfied with their services.

Regards,
  3. No Profile Picture

It really depends on where your primary customers are located in. If you are trying to serve a customer base in Pakistan, then you should consider having your servers near your region.

Distance between your customers and the service does matter. The longer the distance, the more time it takes for the data to transfer.

What issues are you experiencing? Are they issues with loading times on websites or are they related to server uptime?
  5. No Profile Picture

Well I just want my sites be a bit extra fast in loading, but there are no companies in Pakistan that provide servers here, as they have bandwidth issues and load times is even slower. Actually I am looking for servers in, India, HongKong etc but am unable to find any good hosting provider. Could you recommend one?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by hostered
    Well I just want my sites be a bit extra fast in loading, but there are no companies in Pakistan that provide servers here, as they have bandwidth issues and load times is even slower. Actually I am looking for servers in, India, HongKong etc but am unable to find any good hosting provider. Could you recommend one?
    Unfortuntely, I do not have any personal recommendations, but I would suggest looking at webhostingtalk.com for any recommendations.

Comments on this post

• brianbak agrees : webhostingtalk.com or posting in the offers section here should find you a good provider.
  9. No Profile Picture

CDN - Content Distribution Network

Originally Posted by hostered
    You may be interested in service with a Content Distribution Network, which is what the major sites (such as fortune 500 companies) use to ensure "snappy" load times to visitors. This is accomplished by replicating your site to servers in dozens of data centers around the world, with visitors to your website being served

One of the least expensive and best performing CDN's on the market is Voxel, with their VoxCast service. They have an offer for 100 GB of free transfer so you can evaluate them at no cost -

I'm not able to post a link due to being a new user to this great forum, but a Google search for "voxcast cdn 100gb" will have their 100GB offer as match #1.

I'd recommend trying them out and seeing how things go. I have no stake in Voxel, other than as a customer - my company (a dedicated, VPS, and web hosting provider) uses them to deploy CDN solutions for our clients and we're very pleased with the price and performance.

Try running a ping to "speedtest.voxcdn.net" and seeing the results; it's quite likely that you'll get better ping times than your current host due to their dozens of data center locations. I've seen ping times as low as 13MS to their network from my cable modem connection as they have a point of presence approximately 30 miles away from me --- extremely impressive if you ask me.

I hope this is of some help to you and drop a reply if you have any questions on how Content Distribution Networks work, I'm always happy to help explain or assist - best wishes and have a great weekend!

John C. Young
    Managing Director
    Internet Gateway of South Beach
    Last edited by jcy1978; April 9th, 2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Grammatical error
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks jcy1978, prices and services does look great for voxel, I think CDN is much better solution to my problem. Thanks guys for the help and support.
  13. No Profile Picture

server location

Server should be located close to where your website visitors are located. If your visitors are from Europe, for example, then a server based in UK would be my best pick. If you visit a site that is hosted on a server located very far away from your location, then you'll witness slow website navigation speeds. But visitors located closer to the server location would experience far superior navigation speed.
  15. No Profile Picture

Comsats

A very good hosting service in this country is COMSATS. you must have heard about this organization very often. They also provide web hosting with 24/7 support. Visit their main website, in top navigation bar, within 'Services' drop-down menu (on homepage), click "domain and hosting".

Their UAN number is 051-111-700-800

or just Google "COMSATS Internet Services"
  17. No Profile Picture

Yes the location of the webhosting is important and plays a big roll.
  19. No Profile Picture

server location

It is preferred to have server in near location in order to get quality and reliable services.
  21. No Profile Picture

agreed with merry1.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo