1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is VPS Mirroring? Can you explain?

While I was looking through various hosting solutions I noticed that bodhost offered VPS mirroring.
    I started to interest in this hosting solution and would like to know more functions of mirroring.

What is VPS mirroring? How does it work?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For VPS mirroring, 2 vps's with same configuration are been used where data transfer keeps going on from first vps to second one after every specific time duration so if 1st vps fails because of any reason, the another one gets activated.

This is pretty much beneficial for the people who are looking for 100% uptime.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Think that it will be a good opportunity to have 100% network uptime.
    When you order this product, your VPS is created on a node, just like any other VPS. Think that it will be a good deal if you choose Bodhost. The same VPS would also be created on another node which would act as a slave VPS.
  7. No Profile Picture

Mirroring is used for Servers which need to have the exact same system in case servers need to be switched. Or for Load balancing issues.
  9. No Profile Picture

It uses 2 vp's of same configuration, after specific time the data is going to transfer from 1 vps to another vps then 1 st one is failed and another one get connected and the people who are looking for 100% uptime , this is beneficial for them

Reagrads,
    Raicol
    Web Hosting
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It sounded interested so I went to their site to read more about it and it struck me odd that their mirroring page shows specs that are similiar to what you would see on a dedicated server. http://www.bodhost.com/virtual-private-server-mirroring.shtml

Additionally, there isnt very much information on their site that tells about how it works, what type of management software is used, etc. I would imagine all this is important information before making a decision.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo