1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Regarding web host charge

Hello dear friend i want to know what is charges of web hosting.i have a one website that i want to host, pls anyone help me.......Thanks!!!
  3. No Profile Picture

it depends on what plan you want .... there are different hosting plans and each one costs different... you can also use free hosting to host your website or blog.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It depends on which hosting provider you decide to go with. Hosting starts around $6+/mo. I would recommend staying away from companies who offer "unlimited" disk space and bandwidth or haven't been in business for at least a year. Also, you'll need a domain. You can get this from your hosting provider or a domain registar such as GoDaddy or Name.com

Best of Luck!
  7. No Profile Picture

be weary of any 'unlimited' plans or plans that seem too good to be true. the only way those plans are economical is if the hosting provider 'overcrowds' their servers to accommodate the low prices.
  9. Contributing User

I will give some advices for you. Hope this help.
    5 Important things you must know while going for web hosting company:

1. Customer Support
    The best hosting service provider is the one who is available for you 24X7 and can have, at your disposal, a skilled team of technicians to handle your queries or complaints promptly.

2. Backups
    A smart service provider always runs scheduled backups and keeps customer data as secure as possible for contingency situations.

3. Can be trusted
    Trust a company that tells you the truth and gives you a clear picture of how much bandwidth and web space you can consume vis-à-vis your package.

4. Control Panel
    A good web host is the one that has a user-friendly and fosters ease of maintenance. The Control Panel feature with your web host should allow for regular maintenance, be it email mailbox additions/deletions, password resets, web additions, web count reports, statistics, etc.

5. Service Monitoring
    Reputable web hosts regularly monitor their service and present you with reports so that you too can get an insight into what’s happening with your server.
  11. No Profile Picture

hi

Originally Posted by Mymemory
    Hello dear friend i want to know what is charges of web hosting.i have a one website that i want to host, pls anyone help me.......Thanks!!!
    You should mention the hosting package which you are looking for, because web hosting charges are depends on following key factors

a. Processor
    b. CPU Cashe
    c. HDD
    d. RAM
    e. OS
    f. Bandwidth
    g. Download / Upload Speed etc.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jeremyc
    You should mention the hosting package which you are looking for, because web hosting charges are depends on following key factors

a. Processor
    b. CPU Cashe
    c. HDD
    d. RAM
    e. OS
    f. Bandwidth
    g. Download / Upload Speed etc.
    It's the technical specs, but there are also such options like stability, reputation and prices
  15. No Profile Picture

Web hosts who charge below 5 dollars are most of the time the ones that come with problems. Keep your budget a healthy amount and it will reduce the potential of downtime and bad service. Remember you get what you pay for so the more you increase your budget even if it means a dollar the web hosting quality increases.
  17. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by taweem - Ali
    Web hosts who charge below 5 dollars are most of the time the ones that come with problems. Keep your budget a healthy amount and it will reduce the potential of downtime and bad service. Remember you get what you pay for so the more you increase your budget even if it means a dollar the web hosting quality increases.
    I pay about $3/month for each of my 12 domains and have never had a problem with them (in the 6+ years I've been with them)... I can even send them a support ticket, and it'll be answered within 10 minutes regardless of the day/time. So no, you don't need to spend a lot of money on a web host to have a reliable one... you just need to spend the time researching web hosts.

Of course price varies depending on exactly what the needs are, but seeing that the OP didn't mention much other than wanting to host a website, I'd imagine a basic hosting plan would work just fine...

I'm probably also pretty sure that the OP has already found something as this is a 6 month old thread.

But as mentioned earlier, there are various factors that play a part in the cost of the web host.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo