1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Stay away from burst.net and webhostingtalk

I am having problems with burst.net vps plans. When I confronted them on webhostingtalk they pretended there was nothing wrong by trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. They did that by posting CPU utilization but conveniently not posting memory usage.

More interesting still, the thread was closed by the moderators and my account was suspended. Draw your own conclusions. If the link becomes dead well that is another clue that webhostingtalk must have a conflict of interest.

You will have to manually make the link work as the site is not allowing me to post it.

h++p://wwwDOTwebhostingtalkDOTcom/showthread.php?t=976371
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Dude... It's a VPS For $6. Did you expect it to be able to serve to much without being overloaded? Yes, there would be a lof of VPS's on each physical server for this price to make it worth while.

As much as I do agree that it should work, I also think that you need to be realistic about how WELL it should work. And in reality... what did you loose? 2-3 months max of pre-paying hosting, so $18 or so? Chalk it up to experience, move on to another host that suits your needs better and let it go. By going around joining other forums like this to just try and stir up more controversy, you're really only looking like a madman with a grudge, and very few people take people like that seriously.

Move on, let it go, and don't shoot yourself in the foot by ranting everywhere. Then maybe you won't develop that stress ulcer!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, have to agree with Catacaustic here .. You got what you paid for.

On the other hand, I have three servers with Burst and I cannot be more happy with the performance/price. They have come a long way, and you cannot go wrong with them for budget servers.
    Free Web Hosting - Top rated free cPanel hosting
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

It is NOT possible to get a reliable VPS hosting service for less than $10/mo. You got fished by this poor offering. So, sorry for saying that but you should not complain about it. Just avoid such unreliable services.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Look at nearby topic about choosing good hosting, i think it would be a lesson for you not to rely only on price but on quality
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There are many providers who try to solicit you with unlimited bandwidth, better online services and much more but you should always search for the reviews from users who has already used the services of the provider you are thinking about. If the services were too poor for the previous users, just search for the another one.
  13. No Profile Picture

Shared web hosting

If you purchase this service, you won't have to share server hardware or software. In Shared web hosting, there are at least 10 other sites on one server.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

It seems that this hosting plan is not good for your needs. IMHO you should look for another hosting services and move forward. Do not loose your time to blame them, because they will loose you as customer and this will be enough. I belive that the hosting companies should talk more with their customers when such problems accure and to try to find some solution which to be fair for both parties.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  17. No Profile Picture

A customer should contact the provider first and try to find work around. A posting bad review on the forum does not work many times as a host would come with the explanation and prove you wrong. So be patience request them to check problem properly if they are not helping move to another host ofcourse if the host offer money back guarantee request for it.
  19. Contributing User

Cheap VPS plans are usually overloading server and might not be considered as reliable. Try to add a little bit of bucks to your budget and get good VPS plan if you're looking for a quality hosting experience.
    Reliable UK web hosting from 1.99 /mo.
    Reseller hosting from 9.99 /mo.
    VPS hosting from 7.99 /mo.
    24x7 Professional Support & 15-Day Money Back Guarantee!

EURO-SPACE - Reliable Hosting Solutions Since 2007

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo