1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hosting company wont give the EPP code.

Hello,

I got a domain and hosting package with DH2.net a few years ago (very bad idea!). I intend to move the domain to another provider and I already have webspace from another company. I realised some time ago that dh2 are quite unreliable to do business with. A few days before my renewal date I asked them to give me the EPP code. They said that in order to transfer my domain I would need to renew my subscription for one more year (since it was to close to the renewal date) or pay about $29 to push the domain. I paid the $29 and the status of the domain went from being locked to unlocked. But that's is it. I can't get an EPP code, dh2 wont respond to my emails and quite frankly I don't know what to do. I suspect that they may grudgingly respond to my emails in a few days because they are very slow like that and they have terrible customer service but they will probably give a useless response.

As a result my site is down and it is still ranked 2nd in google (after wikipedia). I am considering renewing my subscription to bring my site online again to stop it falling in the rankings and then eventually find a way to move it away from dh2.

Anyone have any advice on this?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Update: They said they will try to push my domain to my master ENOM account. I wish they worked a lot faster!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I hope things workout for you well. Try contacting them regarding this. I think domains whose status is active only can be moved.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Does this web host have phone support. I don't think that any hosting provider would provide web hosting in the North American and International market without having decent 24/7 support and without responding promptly to support tickets.

You should be able to contact them by phone.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo