1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Server remote backup suggestions

I am getting a server where I am going to host a Wordpress blog. I'm looking at backup solutions because customers aren't allowed to directly restore from the service provider's (Rackspace's) backups. Those are only for them to restore entire systems if they go down.

Some have suggested running a cron job to zip up my files and export my database, and then uploading it to a cloud service or ftp'ing it to another server.

The problem is that the credentials for the cloud, or the other ftp site, are still on my server. So this doesn't protect me if a malicious hacker gains access to my system, uses the credentials to delete my remote backups first, and then takes down my system.

Was wondering if anybody knew of backup solutions where you can "push" a new backup, but can't delete the old backups. One example would be emailing the files to an email account, but they'll be too big for that.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

You should ask your hosting provider for assistance. They should give you the best advice based on their services.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How about to use keepit?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Injunction
    How about to use keepit?
    Or any other backup service

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo