1. Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

UK-based Hosting?

The forum won't let me search on the term "UK", so even if this has been answered before, I'm asking again:

What's a good reliable cPanel host with servers in the UK? We need something in the 5/mo range, no setup fee. We don't need a whole lot in terms of resources or features (2GB space, 15GB bandwidth, PHP5, MySQL, suPHP, preferably shell access), just someone that will give us 99.95% uptime and not run away with our credit card number.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ad_on
    The forum won't let me search on the term "UK", so even if this has been answered before, I'm asking again:

What's a good reliable cPanel host with servers in the UK? We need something in the 5/mo range, no setup fee. We don't need a whole lot in terms of resources or features (2GB space, 15GB bandwidth, PHP5, MySQL, suPHP, preferably shell access), just someone that will give us 99.95% uptime and not run away with our credit card number.
    Hello,

All reliable hosting providers offer money back guarantee, so you could get your money back if not happy with the service.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  5. No Profile Picture

I've had good experience with UK2, and no I don't work for them
  7. Contributing User

UK host ... I know just marblehost company, they have a DC over there and cost not much.
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Well, I know a few UK web hosts and I know there are good, but I do not have a personal experience with them so it would not be fair to post their names or recommendations about them. Why don't you search in any Search Engine on "UK hosting" and "Uk web hosting"? Grad some names and then come back to ask for reviews.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  11. No Profile Picture

Don't go in for a web host company based on some geographical location. Try to search for the reliable ones irrespective of location.
  13. No Profile Picture

why dont u use hostgator?it does not get your credit card you just make a paypal.sorry if i misunderstanding
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is crucial to analyze the offerings of the web hosting company instead of considering the geographical location. Most of the UK based web hosting companies offer a 30 day back guarantee with a 24/7 technical support. You may initiate a chat in order to find out the hosting configurations offered.
  17. Contributing User

A Reliable Host is the one who provides Secured Hosting plans at a reasonable price. A Reliable Host should offer 24 X 7 Free Technical support. There are many Hosting providers in UK who provide such Reliable Hosting plans. Your space and bandwidth requirements are minimal so you can start with a Shared plan which I think will fit in your budget. Applications like PHP5, MySQL, suPHP won't be a problem but a Shared plan won't have a Shell access. You can ask if the hosting provider can offer you Jailed Shell access which is similar to SSH access but Jailed shell is limited to your hosting account only whereas SSH access is for the entire server.
  19. Contributing User

All your requirements can be served well except for the Shell access thing on a shared server. If you still stress on having it, I'd suggest you to ask for Jailed Shell, thats the only way out to best match your needs.
    Cloud Computing Services - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use Platform| Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Server Hosting - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Join our Affiliate Programs for FREE and Earn upto 300 Per Sale! - Comes with 150 Days Cookie Period !
    Complete Web Hosting Solutions at eUKhost.com
  21. No Profile Picture

Keep the following points while selecting a reliable host:
    Scalability- freedom to upgrade and downgrade whenever you wish to.
    Support- 24X7 free support.
    Management- Fully manages servers.
    Network- A good network reputation.
    Price- Reasonable pricing and money back guarantee.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo